IGNORED

Odd experience on the way home from work this morning

DBuck

So I'm driving home from work on 519  this morning. I pass something laying in the road, I say to myself "was that a chicken?" I back up, sure enough it was a chicken, and it was still alive.  I park my car and walk over to it (thinking that i might have to kill it). As I get to it, it stands up and starts walking back  across the road. I walk behind it to keep it moving, but then it starts wanting to go back the other way across the road again and traffic was getting heavier. I actually made myself laugh because I kept thinking "why does this chicken want to cross the road?" (you know the answer). I finally got it to go further in a yard then I lost it because it was dark, so hopefully it didn't go back to the road and get hit. I don't know why it was there, I think maybe a fox or something got it and dropped it, because the feathers were ruffled and it seemed a little stunned or shocked. 

1 minute ago, DBuck said:

So I'm driving home from work on 519  this morning. I pass something laying in the road, I say to myself "was that a chicken?" I back up, sure enough it was a chicken, and it was still alive.  I park my car and walk over to it (thinking that i might have to kill it). As I get to it, it stands up and starts walking back  across the road. I walk behind it to keep it moving, but then it starts wanting to go back the other way across the road again and traffic was getting heavier. I actually made myself laugh because I kept thinking "why does this chicken want to cross the road?" (you know the answer). I finally got it to go further in a yard then I lost it because it was dark, so hopefully it didn't go back to the road and get hit. I don't know why it was there, I think maybe a fox or something got it and dropped it, because the feathers were ruffled and it seemed a little stunned or shocked. 

Greybeard's chickens running wild again:rofl:

30 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Sitting on the front porch this morning and seen a guy stumbling back and forth across the road talking to himself.  There was no chicken though.  Thought he was a drunk 

You didn't invite him up for a cup of coffee

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Sitting on the front porch this morning and seen a guy stumbling back and forth across the road talking to himself.  There was no chicken though.  Thought he was a drunk 

That's a lie because there would be high definition pics of him and the turtle in the grass behind him lol!!

9 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Was that you sitting on the porch in your banana hammock?

20 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

:think: It was too dark

I know it doesn't go with the joke. But that's what made this such an odd story. chickens shouldn't be out in the dark. That's why I think a fox might've grabbed and dropped it.

1 hour ago, DBuck said:

I know it doesn't go with the joke. But that's what made this such an odd story. chickens shouldn't be out in the dark. That's why I think a fox might've grabbed and dropped it.

Mine are locked up til morning but there are people who let them out in the yard and they all don't go back in at night, or it got away on them.  They are easy targets at night because they won't move when they can't see.  Odd situation.