IGNORED

Finally Finished Splitting Firewood

20 hours ago, Roon said:

That's why I burn coal, so much lees work and no bugs lol

that is very true. but wood is free:up: i havent paid to heat my house in 3 years. all my firewood is from people giving it away or the woods behind my house. also alot comes from power companies trimming trees/cutting trees down. they just leave it on the side of the road. 

everytime my wife and i drive together somewhere. she sees me looking and always says "your looking for firewood arnt you" lol. 

this past christmas we were on our way to pick up our christmas tree and we had to stop on the way because there was a pile of ash just sitting along the road. then when we just had our baby boy @hunterbob1 shoots me a text about wood in clinton. i picked up that wood on the way to my sons first doctor apt. lol. 

its all free $$$ to me. and people just give it away. 

2 hours ago, trapoholic said:

Too old to split by hand. Picked up one of these off of Craigslist for $250.00. Works great and have already split 3-4 cords this Spring.

I thought about getting something like that when the wood was delivered.   I took my time, split 2-4 rounds at a time. Before I knew it I made so much progress I decided to keep going.   

1 hour ago, Merkel said:

I thought about getting something like that when the wood was delivered.   I took my time, split 2-4 rounds at a time. Before I knew it I made so much progress I decided to keep going.   

A couple of years ago, I would split wood with a splitting maul. Then my elbow swelled up and it cost me good money at a Sports Medicine doctor to get it drained out. So, the $250.00 was a good investment for me.

3 hours ago, trapoholic said:

A couple of years ago, I would split wood with a splitting maul. Then my elbow swelled up and it cost me good money at a Sports Medicine doctor to get it drained out. So, the $250.00 was a good investment for me.

Ouch! I’d say the $250 was a great investment then.