IGNORED

Hot weather and Hot fishing

Buck154

Well the weather was hot and fishing today had its hot times. So planned this day to go on my boat and take my uncle and friend that finally has a day off after 10 straight days working. With the forecast we decided to take my buddy's boat older 20' Wellcraft. He has a Bimini top and will provide more shade than my T-top. 

I took the numbers off my GPS  where I caught the fluke last week. We ran there and started. First drift we get two fluke ove 18" and a short. I released the 18.5" my uncle got and kept the 19.5" I got. Felt like we should do better. Did a couple more drifts and then lost the drift but Isaac did manage to put a 20" in the box. No drift = no fluke. So we went on the search for seabass. Picked up another 20+" fluke while looking for the seabass. Picked around and put 4 nice seabass in the box. Now we looking for the trigger fish. First spot we checked had them. Dropped the hook there and sat there for a hour catching triggers and small seabass and a few porgies. I had a lot of fun catching them on my 4 ft UL rod. Screaming drag. We boxed 16 and released another 10 at least.  

Headed back for the seabass and put 2 more in to complete our limit.  Work around for fluke and found some nice ones. We least 4 over 20". Kept 7 for the day. We just couldn't get our last 2 slot fish. 

Saw a lot of rays all day and had a small 4-5 foot shark come up to the boat twice. We kept 7 fluke, 6 Seabass, 16 trigger fish and a bluefish.

20220722_054834.jpg

20220722_152221.jpg

20220722_095351.jpg

20220722_152145.jpg

20220722_092200.jpg

20220722_063352.jpg

3 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Way to beat the heat.  Those triggers make best ceviche. At least that it was locals in Baja told me and when I gave bartender some he prepared fresh ceviche for entire tiki bar.  Best I ever had 

I have caught a few but have never eaten any triggers. Always hear they are real good. Will have them tonight or tomorrow.