IGNORED

Alaska 2022 Salmon, trout, etc

tjfslaughter

29 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Nice trip sitting in Seattle waiting to go on a cruise to Alaska.  I don't think I will see anything close to what you are seeing.  But can't wait to get there

If you stopping in Juneau, contact juneauflyfishing.com to book direct trip. They are fantastic.

I never thought I would say there is good pizza in Alaska but I have been going to this spot for years in Homer. It’s called Fat olives. They are known for the 28” pie. I only had a 12”. They have a wine store attached to the building and they charge you $5 corkage fee. 1fb8c9b560b4d3af01200534a5cc81a9.jpg
fc5b430436b652a48d1e75c398955377.jpg
948067c6980fa28f85b53aec1ccd89fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/19/2022 at 8:08 AM, tjfslaughter said:

I will keep you guys posted but I'm headed to Alaska to chase salmon, trout, and some relaxation.  I will be in the Cooper Landing area, Anchor Point, Homer, etc.  I have been fishing these waters since 1984 and it still gets me excited. 

Miss that place.  Havent been in 8 years.  Love hitting the kenai and russian river.  Good luck!

Starting to wind down the fishing part of the trip. Wife will drop me off on the side of the highway so I can hitchhike up to do a little more fishing while she shops. Then onto tourist stuff. We have 85lbs of fillets at this point

efa29a723defe7d5e794369bc15d0f12.jpg
Wife went shopping so I hitchhiked up the road from Soldotna to the Russian River to get a quick limit of reds. Took 2 different rides to cover about 60 miles waiting no more than 8 minutes per ride. 20 years ago I rarely counted more than 10 cars going by before I got picked up.