IGNORED

Raritan River Dukes Park area.

Had day off so I figured Id go hunt for fly box as well as fish- 

Looked along trail spots I thought I may have lost box- did not find it. Ended up with half a dozen smallies and then ran into nirvania for me and fly rod- Carp- had about 6 good size carp rooting  up against a cliff base. Luckily I saw them first. 

Cut off  bottom 3 feet of 5x tippit and tied in a foot long or so 4x. Stood still in a tree shade and waited as sun pernitrate water to see them. Tossed a bead head wooley bugger in front of one but the plop spooked him and he did not play- saw another target gave it a toss 2 feet from him and landed- he slowly cruised toward fly and i gave it a little strip- game on. Nice 4/5 pound carp- Eventually land him and released. Stand still and wait game starts again. Get another target and another take- lose this one to broken tippit- should have retied after previous fish. Tie on whole new tippit and fly- take a bit of a break for water and wait. Target acquired- make a cast, want to move it a tad but fly landed with hook on wrong side of a slate rock- could not move it and eventfully had to wade into area to retrieve.  That scattered the rest of fish. Looked to be another half mile or so of "carp" water but I was content with the morning effort and wanted to try and scout other area's.  Made the mile walk back to car, had lunch and fished up stream. Came up empty but left for home happy enough with the day.