IGNORED

Prime Rib On Pellet Grill

BHC

Ok if you’re gonna use the pellet grill do it at a higher temp like 350-375 or else it take away the flavor of the beef. As far as temp put the probe in it till it hits 122 then remove and let rest for no less then 20 miles as far as season I like to keep it simple like you’re favorite drained salt mix

We've done a few on the smoker, will not do it any other way now.

275 on the smoker

Put out on counter to get up toward room temp for a couple hours

For a rub we like an olive oil rub down then sprinkle with salt pepper garlic the best--- 1 part kosher salt, 1/2 part black pepper, 1/4 part granulated garlic powder

we take it to 135 internal for a 140 final. Most people like it rarer, so shoot for 125-130 if ya like it moo'ing 

Edited by Greg

Google and Youtube are your friends, just search for prime rib roast on the pit boss. There's some good beginner smoking and grilling groups on Facebook also. One site and Facebook page  I like is called "Hey,grill hey" Great recipes and information. I've always been a weber charcoal guy, but I wanted to try to get into pellet grilling. So my girlfriend wanted to buy me one for Christmas. After many weeks of research and reviews, I went with one of the best on the market, the Recteq 700. I actually still have to assemble it because I haven't had the time, I might get to it this weekend or the next. I definitely have the itch to get into it. Already did a Rib roast and a few Ribeyes on the Weber this year. Most pellett recipes I've researched call for a temp of 275-300. As far as a "how long per pound", one thing I've learned after many years of cooking on the weber is there's no such thing. When it's done, it's done. Most important thing is to make sure to put the fat cap up.
Some good channels to subscribe to on Youtube... BBQ pit Boys, BBQ it,The Grill Sargeant, and Mad Scientist BBQ. Good luck!

It's beef.  Salt and pepper on the outside and that's it.

Start by cooking for 15-20 minutes at about 500°F.  This will heat the outside of the rib and set the bark for you.  Drop the temp to 325°F and finish to your desired temp.  Remember that meat will continue to cook another 5°F after you take it out of the oven, so factor that into your final temperature and avoid slightly overcooking it.

Very easy piece of meat to cook.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, BHC said:

first Prime Rib on the pellet, I will try this...it's very simple

https://www.derrickriches.com/prime-rib-on-a-pellet-grill/

Getting a Rec tec soon, but from all that I've made in oven, I pull at 118 and let rest.  It will continue running up to above 130 while resting. It you leave on till 130+ , you have wasted a good cut of beef.

1 hour ago, Jerzguy2 said:

Getting a Rec tec soon, but from all that I've made in oven, I pull at 118 and let rest.  It will continue running up to above 130 while resting. It you leave on till 130+ , you have wasted a good cut of beef.

Smart move on the Recteq, reviews on the traegers and Pit Bosses are trash. Plus they have a 6 year warranty and the best customer service in the business. Which one did you get?

38 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Smart move on the Recteq, reviews on the traegers and Pit Bosses are trash. Plus they have a 6 year warranty and the best customer service in the business. Which one did you get?

Didn't order yet, want a 700, but never gonna need that big so getting 590

13 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

Yea I got the 700, Kinda wish I went with the 590 and got the Bullseye also, may still buy one too. They have some bundles sales going on right now.

1 hour ago, Jerzguy2 said:

I wanted the 700 too, and it has some nice features, but went with the 590.  It is an excellent grill with a huge cooking area.  After cooking on the 590 I realized that the 700 would have been too much for the amount I'm cooking.  I'm a big recteq fan.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.