IGNORED

Needed a bigger boat….

Bonefreak

My childhood pal i used to catch frogs and salamanders with is moving off a lake and gave me a 12 ft jon boat…a full 2 ft upgrade from my 10 ft pondhopper I throw in the back of the truck!!  The added room is much needed when I have one of my boys with me, or more room for duck huntin gear, or more room for a livewell during far away bass tournaments that I don’t trailer my big boat to. The 10 fter may have to leave the fleet if I get the right offer for it. 

Ironically enough, when I flipped the boat over expecting to see a skunk or groundhog….a giant bull frog leaped at me and tried scratching my eyes out before he disappeared into the murky cedar water!!  I was ready for something to come out but still nearly shartled my pants!

B7687D7C-1BA2-41B2-8EC7-072E42B2A225.jpeg

474DFA2F-C757-4373-961D-772830E6D790.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak

1 hour ago, Kype said:

good luck with it. just curious, what is the rated HP for a 12 footer?

Rated for a 6 HP…..I have a 9.9 Yamaha…probably could get away with motoring around slowly picking up crab traps or duck decoys if I went out in the bay. 

30 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Rated for a 6 HP…..I have a 9.9 Yamaha…probably could get away with motoring around slowly picking up crab traps or duck decoys if I went out in the bay. 

I tried that  

boat stood straight up and down lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

41 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I tried that  

boat stood straight up and down lol

Yikes. So the 9.9 won’t be able to putter around on a 12 ft jon?  I use it on a 12 ft V hull…I forget what that V is rated for tho….& I don’t go too fast

29 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Yikes. So the 9.9 won’t be able to putter around on a 12 ft jon?  I use it on a 12 ft V hull…I forget what that V is rated for tho….& I don’t go too fast

I believe it’s more because of weight and balance than just actual thrust 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

You can use a 9.9 on that boat. My old Lowe had a 6 on it but it was rated for 9.9

13 hours ago, Timo said:

You can use a 9.9 on that boat. My old Lowe had a 6 on it but it was rated for 9.9

Not if it’s rated for 6 as he said .

a 9.9 will be too heavy and as soon as it starts to move stands the boat up due to balance .

and the slower you go the more the bow rises .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING