IGNORED

Stocked Trout Movement

Nomad

Interesting info.

It really comes down to one thing IMO the state is stocking the easiest fish to raise but they are also the worse in surviving. There are wild browns in some of our streams that are thriving because they can tolerate the conditions. Plenty of clubs stocking Browns and those fish are moving up and down from the clubs and surviving. 
If they ever start stocking Browns again we will start to see our Streams and Lakes holding decent populations again. I am only putting my opinion in on this and have no scientific data, however just look back to what we use to have compared to now.

Bring back the Browns ! It won’t happen because it takes $$. It’s ok with me I will continue to cross into NY and PA to trout fish. 

54 minutes ago, OMC said:

Interesting info.

It really comes down to one thing IMO the state is stocking the easiest fish to raise but they are also the worse in surviving. There are wild browns in some of our streams that are thriving because they can tolerate the conditions. Plenty of clubs stocking Browns and those fish are moving up and down from the clubs and surviving. 
If they ever start stocking Browns again we will start to see our Streams and Lakes holding decent populations again. I am only putting my opinion in on this and have no scientific data, however just look back to what we use to have compared to now.

Bring back the Browns ! It won’t happen because it takes $$. It’s ok with me I will continue to cross into NY and PA to trout fish. 

I agree!  Browns can tolerate warmer temps and live year to year.  Fished some great hatches on the Flatbrook years ago and caught beautiful hold over browns there on drys.

Letting birds crap in the raceways and ruining the state stocking program is typical of a liberal ass backwards state and their warped mentality.  Common sense would dictate that a few minimum wage employees armed with shotguns could quickly eradicate the offending shit birds.  But of course that common sense solution is scoffed upon due to the liberal ass protected bird bullshit that requires spending tens of millions on covered raceways.  

Edited by Nomad

I heard that food cannot be harvested for 100 years where the land has been contaminated from solar panels.  Installing solar panels over the raceways would cause people to question eating trout for good reason.  And how in the world are the birds to be stopped from feeding with panels installed over the raceways?  The glass would be cracked and broken.   In spite of these and many other legitimate concerns having to do with solar panels installed over trout production operations, the push to loot the treasury via green energy scams continues unabated.

Predator hunting takes time and money, and that is in short supply in the dwindling remainder of your hunter and angler support programs.  They'll make more until the systems that are no longer funded terminally break down, as we saw with our game farm.  As above, so below.

Anglers would be happy to participate in heron blasting.  Good luck.  The predator problem is tremendous.

Concerning the trout movement study, the fact that the fish were cut open and stuffed with electronics then sewn back up with a 6 inch wire sticking out of their ass, could may might have lead to some lethargy in the fish was not considered.

18 minutes ago, Bill V said:

There are Muskies in the upper stretch of the Wanaque River between the Greenwood Lake dam and Monksville downstream. Fish and Game puts the Trout in and the anglers watch the Muskies eat them. 

Many years ago right below the dam .  I caught a 36 pike on 4 lb test line . i was fishing for trout and hooked the pike right in the corner of the mouth. he took me in to the next pool down the stream . evervbody was watching me . very cool catching the pike and releasing her in the lake.

11 hours ago, jumpthestring said:

Many years ago right below the dam .  I caught a 36 pike on 4 lb test line . i was fishing for trout and hooked the pike right in the corner of the mouth. he took me in to the next pool down the stream . evervbody was watching me . very cool catching the pike and releasing her in the lake.

Nice. Wonder if that pike took the plunge to go back or if the future 36ers started training lol.