IGNORED

Shipping A Gun UPS

Russ 11

I have a Winchester SX3 with Dura Touch finish. There is a class action law suit on issues with the Dura Touch finish . I filled out online form to have the finish fixed . It had me print out a prepaid UPS label to return the whole gun . My question is am I legally allowed to ship this myself or do I have to go thru an FFL to ship ?    TIA 

9 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

I have a Winchester SX3 with Dura Touch finish. There is a class action law suit on issues with the Dura Touch finish . I filled out online form to have the finish fixed . It had me print out a prepaid UPS label to return the whole gun . My question is am I legally allowed to ship this myself or do I have to go thru an FFL to ship ?    TIA 

You can ship.  Snd as long as they don't change the gun they can ship it back to you.

3 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Ship yourself...perfectly legal. Buy an inexpensive gun case and ship it.

They specified cannot ship in a gun case . I have original box it came in so I will ship it in that .  

3 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

That’s what I do.  Buy a cheap gun case on Amazon and it comes in a cardboard box so that’s all you need.  UPS stores won’t ship guns but the local UPS distribution centers do.  

Ditto on that. Shipped UPS out of the big Bridgewater complex. Guy behind the counter was a gun guy and very helpful too, but that was last year. No problems.

11 minutes ago, 308federal said:

Ditto on that. Shipped UPS out of the big Bridgewater complex. Guy behind the counter was a gun guy and very helpful too, but that was last year. No problems.

I also used the one in Bridgewater quite a few times and never an issue.   Used USPS once and they were a nightmare but that’s another story. 

6 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

I also used the one in Bridgewater quite a few times and never an issue.   Used USPS once and they were a nightmare but that’s another story. 

My buddy in maine shipped me an air rifle via USPS, 2 days before Ida, tracked it was in Kearny, they had a major roof collapse, I made numerous phone calls to different departments no problem sir it'll be late but it will arrive. Yeah right I guess you don't work the dock' where it fell off.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

10 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

My buddy in maine shipped me an air rifle via USPS, 2 days before Ida, tracked it was in Kearny, they had a major roof collapse, I made numerous phone calls to different departments no problem sir it'll be late but it will arrive. Yeah right I guess you don't work the dock' where it fell off.

Post office is a joke! Use UPS only for important items that you care about!

3 minutes ago, barrike said:

I had a rifle that I needed to send back to Browning last year.  I went to my local UPS and Fedex stores to find out the regulations.  BOTH of them told me they couldn't ship firearms.  I ended up going to my FFL and had him ship it.  NJ sucks.

Pain in the butt!

But remove the barrel ship in two different boxes declare as parts

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I sent rifle back to Browning last year for Dura Touch finish problems.  I sent back in original box through UPS they put sticker on it that said Firearm in orange lettering must be signed for.  Browning sent me email every step of the process and gun was returned in 6 weeks like brand new, was shipped back UPS with signature required

53 minutes ago, smittty said:

Box and go right to the post office I do it all the time 

Post office?

Umm you sure about having a firearm on federal property?

UPS I have used, post office was a no no..

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford