IGNORED

Is it possible to beat NJ record Striper?

JHbowhunter

4 minutes ago, HighEndHooker said:

Florida opened permits on Goliaths this year I believe, or at least they plan to soon. And Bluefin also, you can keep 73” or over during the giants season, which is open right now I believe, but it will closing as soon as the quota is met

They close it well before our quota is met .

as soon as they start being caught they close it because buyers don’t want to operate here .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

On 5/28/2022 at 10:48 AM, JHbowhunter said:

I was thinking about this - what if you caught a bass that would beat Al McReynolds 78lbs, 8 ounce bohemoth?  

You have to let her go asap.    I guess it's a record that will stand for as long as the regulations preserve it. 

What other gamefish records are protected by regulations?  These come to mind - 

• NJ Mako - can't fish for them next two years due to moratorium (a good thing, but longliners will still decimate them as bycatch)
  • Florida Goliath Grouper aka "Jewfish" - can't keep them in Florida
  • NJ Bluefin Tuna - can't keep one  73" or over
  • NJ Fluke - if you already retained your 18" or over  (LMAO) because NOBODY would "cull" that 20" fluke if they caught a 24 lb doormat!!!

I have deposit on a 22' Key West CC but it's down in Reedville VA and working out the logistics is delaying pickup, as I have to coordinate it with a new trailer purchase. (6 hour drive). 

Figured it's just a matter of time before I catch that 80# Striper over the next few years......

Congrats on the boat!   I have the same one. 2021 KW 219FS w/ yami 200.  Let me know if ya have any questions about it. It’s mostly for fishing, but the family likes it for recreation too. 

CAF21BA0-580A-41F2-A06F-0F899300C049.jpeg