IGNORED

What’s the best beginners 1911

parahunter

10 minutes ago, parahunter said:

I know there’s a million different brands out there. I’ve heard good things about kimbers and spring fields. Are the kimbers worth all the hype and money? Looking to target shoot one don’t need one for personal defense 

Kimber is good the gentleman that owns that company started out in Wayne New Jersey on route 46 he owned edelman's sport shop.

Save your money up and buy the best ever...45 Colt Gold Cup

C41743B_4e93e03b-6e80-4d26-87d2-30ed6137e530__42663.1547001823.jpg

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Budget matters

For me my first will be S&w performance center, Springfield trp. I want front strap checkering. I do not want a rail. I have shot both of the above. I want 45acp then a 9mm.

There is also a forum completely dedicated to 1911's. They get into guide rods, MIM parts etc

Somethings to consider

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

11 minutes ago, cantw82start said:

My first M1911 was an RIA, mainly due to cost.  Have put over 1K rounds through that gun with no issue, the only thing I want to change is the sights. 

My ria has great sights but it is the tac.  It is 10 mm

So here is some interesting research for you to get started. 

There are only a few companies that actually make the frames, other buy and stamp their name on them.

Forged versus MIM parts.

Type of sights 

Hammers

Are you going to upgrade or just shoot it?

AND your budget

Springfield

Ed Brown

Dan Wesson

Wilson combat

Ruger

RIA

Bull armory

What caliber 9 or 45 or whatever..

Your best bet, rent. Try then try some more.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

The Sig is a performer. My first was a Para Ordnance limited. Wish I still had it but when I moved to NJ it was a Hi-Cap and no paperwork. I foolishly sold it out of fear. That said I have a sig now and I’m very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk