IGNORED

Hyundai Santa Cruz(opinions?)

I have a large pick up truck, but I was thinking about this for just running around hunting , fishing etc. What do you guys think? I have a jeep now but I really don’t do much Offroad. Good gas mileage, how’s the dependability of these vehicles? Or a Hyundai in general? Good gas mileage and a bed for throwing stuff in, like deer. For the base model at 28000 seems like it might be good, As compared to 38,000 for a jeep Willys or 48,000 jeep Rubicon.

image.jpeg.f7fa37c7fb5e97a75f0f1d4fc649de0c.jpegimage.jpeg.a7ba4530f821dd484cb9379074abcc14.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

• Nomad changed the title to Hyundai Santa Cruz(opinions?)

Say it ain't so... You don't want a Hyundai.  Build quality is garbage and they blow up after 100k miles.  

How about a used Nissan Frontier?  You'll be able to get your hands on a Pro-4x Frontier, with like 60-70k miles on it for under $20k (stupid used car market right now) and it will last forever with minimal issues.  Those D40 models are bulletproof, like the R51 Pathfinders.   You can throw 33" tires on them without a lift and they'll take you anywhere you want to go.  

3 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I'm not a Ford guy, but I know you are.  What about the new Bronco?   

I was considering that also and my wife likes those but it might be a year before one comes in they are really backed up. I would get the Sasquatch package!

Edited by Nomad

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I was considering that also and my wife likes those but it might be a year before one comes in they are really backed up. I would get the Sasquatch package!

Gotcha.   There is a guy with an all black  Wildtrak trim Bronco that I see all the time and it looks great in person.  I think they're making a Raptor version of it too.  Definitely a really cool car. 

On a side note, I saw some videos the other day of a guy who built a widebody Datsun 240z with a BMW V10 motor (the one they used in the M5 for a while) and the car is absolutely ridiculous.  Here's a link.  His YouTube channel is awesome.   

50 minutes ago, Nomad said:

The Santa Cruz is about max length I can fit in my garage that’s another consideration

Cut the wall out

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I have two Hyundai cars, with typical wear and tear issues....One has 130,000 miles, the other 328,000

The Santa Cruz is a new model, if the engine is the same as the current model cars then fine, but I'm not sure. But also no matter the brand, if it's the first year model I tend to stay away until the problems arise, that bed is awfully small

Hyundai has a 10 year/100,000-mile warranty

the Ford Maverick is slightly bigger, but nothing special

12 minutes ago, BHC said:

I have two Hyundai cars, with typical wear and tear issues....One has 130,000 miles, the other 328,000

The Santa Cruz is a new model, if the engine is the same as the current model cars then fine, but I'm not sure. But also no matter the brand, if it's the first year model I tend to stay away until the problems arise, that bed is awfully small

Hyundai has a 10 year/100,000-mile warranty

the Ford Maverick is slightly bigger, but nothing special

My mechanic buddy says they all tend to shred their transmissions around 100-125k.  Have any tranny issues yet?

My family has owned several Hyundai's with well over 125k on them, but they were Sonatas and Elantras.  All good vehicles. I agree with BHC, tho, on a new model pickup.  Might be best to wait.  I have also owned Nissan and Chevy pickups that were junk, but nothing worse than the Colorado owned...

The used and new car market is crazy !!!

A few months ago I got an offer from givemethevin.com on my truck and I was happy but withdrew from it cause I couldn't find what I wanted while working with 7 dealers. I did continue to search and found the color without the options, or the options without the color. Then the first week of May the nearest dealer called and they have what I'm seeking on order with a build date on June 8th, with delivery in July. Went in and made the deal, on the truck and trade-in. A week later I was curious and my friend called and asked about the same truck I ordered as it's on their website with a stock #, he was told it was spoken for on May 6th, so I'm happy with that.

This is what I'm getting same as this, with predator sidebars, tonneau cover, completely loaded minus moonroof/leather something I didn't want.

Most dealers no matter the make/model is selling at MSRP or over, this dealer I'm dealing with wanted $2K over, I got them to take off $1K....I've seen some dealers asking up to $5K more on this model, and on the TRD PRO some are asking $10K

I was on a Tacoma forum webpage, this truck I'm getting with the color, they call it the unicorn when I asked why the Off-Road package in the LongBed with the color is extremely hard to find, and that was my prior experience

1C44F9D5-EBC5-4E5D-AF92-D8F898B80906.jpg

30 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

My mechanic buddy says they all tend to shred their transmissions around 100-125k.  Have any tranny issues yet?

My buddy had one of the Hyundai's a few years back bought just for a commuter . He did have trans problems way after warranty but Hyundia replaced it free of charge . I would hope they fixed issue by now. Can you even get a new car yet ?Don't see many in any new car lots .