IGNORED

Southern NJ, Here They Come

BHC

On 5/24/2022 at 9:10 AM, Buck154 said:

There has been bear sightings in almost every county in Jersey. Nothing new. I just don't think they will take to well in a lot of the areas in central part of the state.

Not almost, but every county.  And that goes back a bunch of years already.  Yes, even Cape May county!  

On 5/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, trapoholic said:

When there are as many bears as there are deer, then maybe, just maybe the state will realize that there is a problem!

Well, at least there is zero chance that black bears can number over 100,000 in NJ like whitetail deer populations.  But we could hit 10,000 which is a ton 'O bears!  

On 5/24/2022 at 8:10 AM, hammer4reel said:

Be funny if fish and game started moving troubled bears south too lol.

As per a Fish and Game Warden and someone (an instructor for a course I went too) involved with Fish and Game, They have been moving problem bears throughout the state for the last 15+ years. There has been sightings and dealings with them in every county and the issues have been growing. 

2 minutes ago, allmann said:

As per a Fish and Game Warden and someone (an instructor for a course I went too) involved with Fish and Game, They have been moving problem bears throughout the state for the last 15+ years. 

I was told to keep it under my hat and I kept my promise! Now that the cats out of the bag did you know Kelsey B.?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I was told to keep it under my hat and I kept my promise! Now that the cats out of the bag did you know Kelsey B.?

I wouldn't trust him if I were you.  He is a disgraced former employee that got caught up in things and spread lots of false information from what I have been told by many in the know.  

12 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I wouldn't trust him if I were you.  He is a disgraced former employee that got caught up in things and spread lots of false information from what I have been told by many in the know.  

Thanks Brian I know all about it.. a shame he couldn't resist the monetary personal gain,career lost, guns lost,money lost..Pa.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Kelsey Burgess was once the head bear biologist for the Division.  

Head of checking station route 513  .

I killed all my bear in Berkshire

Edited by hunterbob1

3 hours ago, allmann said:

As per a Fish and Game Warden and someone (an instructor for a course I went too) involved with Fish and Game, They have been moving problem bears throughout the state for the last 15+ years. There has been sightings and dealings with them in every county and the issues have been growing. 

Yup. A guy on this site's cousin was shown pics of several bears released in ocean county within the last 10 years. I know they had released a 500# in the wma I hunt about 5 years ago  but the collar started failing so they retrapped him and moved him back north. Not sure where these bears wind up but I know of a few people who have trail cam pics of bears on the wma. But I never got a pic of a bear despite running a good 15 cams for about 5 months. 

They were sending the bears up here for decades.  Every couple years a sow puts out 3 cubs.  Haven't seen any sows with less than 3.  There's no more room up here for more without causing big problems with humans.  Your turn pork rolls.  All you need down there is garbage for them to thrive

17 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

They were sending the bears up here for decades.  Every couple years a sow puts out 3 cubs.  Haven't seen any sows with less than 3.  There's no more room up here for more without causing big problems with humans.  Your turn pork rolls.  All you need down there is garbage for them to thrive

Tough livin down there in then thar parts