IGNORED

No bear problem in nj

rgw

At what point do we advise the Appalachian Trail "Through Hikers" to avoid the New Jersey section of the trail? The entire portion of the trail in NJ is in good bear country.

One of my Coast Guard buddy is hiking north now. I think he is in the Carolinas now. I plan to walk with him through the NJ section. We were stationed in Kodiak together. He is aware of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Murph's plan, stop the people not the bears

I know give them anti fertility shots like they wanted to do for the deer

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

I know give them anti fertility shots like they wanted to do for the deer

That WAS the plan/hope of the anti-bear hunt people back in the beginning of this big, stupid debate. 

Stu Chaifetz, the former pathetic head of NJ's animal rights nutcases, was publicly celebrating when he thought that he and his friends would be accompanying state biologists and vets into the woods and inject all the black bear testicles with anti-fertility drugs. It was proposed by state legislators on their behalf. 

I'm cracking up just remembering it now. 

Edited by Jim_

The “Ticking Time Bomb” continues!  Bears are like swimming with sharks. Eventually someone pays the price.  And with bird food, mating and lack of territory its inevitable someone is going to get killed. “Dolphin of the Woods?” When was the last time a dolphin attacked a swimmer! Ha!       

1 hour ago, Mountain Goat said:

The “Ticking Time Bomb” continues!  Bears are like swimming with sharks. Eventually someone pays the price.  And with bird food, mating and lack of territory its inevitable someone is going to get killed. “Dolphin of the Woods?” When was the last time a dolphin attacked a swimmer! Ha!       

Ummm April 13th,2022. LOL. In miami.