IGNORED

Cabelas/BassPro -- you can't even ship TO STORE!!!

mazzgolf

Holy cow! I just went to order some .308 ammo from BassPro. Tried to "ship to store" (Because they won't ship to your home anymore)... Got an error... "Cannot ship to that address". :headscratch:

So I call customer support... "Sorry. Due to state law, you can't ship to store either. You have to walk in the store and buy off the shelf what they have in stock"

WHAT?!?!?!? (a) That ain't no state law I know of and (b) I'M ASKING YOU TO SHIP TO YOUR OWN STORE so you can get it in stock!! How is that in any way illegal or against state law???

Whatever. More reason to support local mom-n-pops. I only ordered (well, tried to) because they emailed me a 10 off 50 coupon. So much for that.

That is the result of the Bass Pro takeover of Cabela’s. There was never an issue before that

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

42 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

... Whatever. More reason to support local mom-n-pops. ...

I agree.

Knowing, and having a relationship with, the owners of my semi-local shop has proved to be advantageous in different ways, including with shortages of different loads.

1 hour ago, hostak126 said:

I was able to get some 9mm shipped to Cabelas in PA for pickup. This went back roughly 6-8 months ago

It is probably just limited to NJ stores (aka the BassPro in Atlantic City)... any address in NJ they will not 'ship to' (how then do they actually get shipments of ammo to that store if they can't "ship ammo" to their store? It's ridiculous. It's corporate paranoia (or corporate blackmail by NJ politicians - "if you don't do what we tell you to do, we'll make your business suffer").

NJ will do anything to limit our 2A rights both inside and out of the state.

Case in point look what state 2 of 3 Senators that sponsored this bill are from:

https://thehill.com/news/senate/3494092-senate-democrats-propose-doj-license-requirement-for-gun-purchases/amp/

Yeah this bill is dead on arrival, but it just shows how insidious NJ pols push their anti-gun agenda :banghead:

20 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

It is probably just limited to NJ stores (aka the BassPro in Atlantic City)... any address in NJ they will not 'ship to' (how then do they actually get shipments of ammo to that store if they can't "ship ammo" to their store? It's ridiculous. It's corporate paranoia (or corporate blackmail by NJ politicians - "if you don't do what we tell you to do, we'll make your business suffer").

It probably has to do with the fact to purchase ammo in NJ the quantity, brand,  type, box upc code, and FOID card all have to be recorded by the gun shop owner. I've purchased ammo online and had it shipped to my residence. Some want you to take a photo of your driver's license and FOID card and send it to them to keep on file, others will just ship it to you.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

10 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

It probably has to do with the fact to purchase ammo in NJ the quantity, brand,  type, box upc code, and FOID card all have to be recorded by the gun shop owner. I've purchased ammo online and had it shipped to my residence. Some want you to take a photo of your driver's license and FOID card and send it to them to keep on file, others will just ship it to you.

Incorrect. NJ law only requires the purchaser to be over 18 for rifle and shotgun ammo purchases. FiD is only required for ammo that can be or is interchangeable to be fired from a handgun. Most out of state retailers don't know NJ laws so they just ask for it even if it isn't required

Since Bass Pro is now completely in control of Cabelas they won't ship to NJ. Before the merger Bass Pro wouldn't ship to NJ but Cabelas would. Strictly a pure corporate decision based on NJ's confusing firearms laws because it's easier to just not ship here.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

In the free states we can go buy at Cabelas, Bass Pro, and any mom and pops.

Buy any gun and approval takes maybe 10 minutes.

Open carry, get concealed carry permit in 2 weeks for less than 20$.

New Germany makes things so hard on everyone.   Why I escaped!! 

There is freedom and a better life out there!

Vice President Piedmont Chapter NWTF, Christian Bowhunter, NRA,  EX resident of Communist Jersey

When are you guys going to realize many businesses will not take a risk of NJ's draconian laws and convoluted way of trying to shut down the gun industry? 

NJ is that bad when it comes to guns. 

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford