IGNORED

He thinks that he is a Wildlife Biologist

FRANKIED

4 minutes ago, FRANKIED said:

but it's all about getting votes ... an that's sad

bears.jpg

I disagree it’s “all about getting votes”. He had 100% of the antis voting for him to begin with. He’s just that badly misinformed. And he doesn’t need votes any longer, he’s term limited. 

2 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

I don't think he's misinformed, I think he just doesn't care.

Agreed...he well knows it was needed...why is it such a coincidence the prior DEP commissioner and Assistant Commissioner that supported a bear hunt magically disappeared for "personal reasons"...

Scientific wildlife management should never be politicized….especially something as dangerous as this….unfortunately the only thing these morons pay attention to is litigation…when someone gets hurt or killed….like the Rutgers student a few yrs ago …and a lawsuit is filed…then the politicians…who are usually lawyers themselves…speak to other lawyers….& settle payouts with our tax dollars….litigation is the way to get their attention n comply with the science of managing the cultural carrying capacity of bears in our densely populated state.   Anyone who has ever been traumatized, hurt, damaged property, PTSD, etc by a bear should be part of a class action lawsuit against governor horse teeth….that would get their attention. NJFSC should spearhead this class action lawsuit. 

I think Murphy's pretty sure he's civilized and anyone who'd hunt a bear is uninformed and uncivilized.  As BucksnBows points out, he's term-limited and already has the woke antis vote so he's not doing this simply for votes.  For him, to be anti-hunting is to be progressive, enlightened, and a supporter of nature. Thus a "good guy." His suburban, unexamined and supposedly ethical positions are as much a part of being a wealthy liberal as is claiming that Trump won the election on the part of citizens who oppose Murphy and his 'type.'  Both sides are wrong in my two examples here, but they cling to these ideas as emblems of who they are, understood in opposition to the other side. That's what happens when Americans stop talking to one another.  Murphy, like so many of us on this site, needs to look in the mirror and do some work on his view of reality. 

2 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Agreed...he well knows it was needed...why is it such a coincidence the prior DEP commissioner and Assistant Commissioner that supported a bear hunt magically disappeared for "personal reasons"...

That's 100% normal under any new administration.  Has zero to do with the bear hunt.  Those level jobs turn over nearly 100% whenever a new Governor enters office.  I can't think of a single DEP Commissioner in my life that stayed into the next Administration with the sole exception of when McGreevy resigned office in disgrace.  But that was within the same political party.  Same for Assistant Commissioners.