IGNORED

Possible New Sub Species Of Striped Bass

Zipper

I was feeding my chickens this morning when this happened.  When eating striper I eat the fillets, then roast the head and rack. I hate wasting any meat on anything I harvest. Plenty of meat on the carcass. My chickens get the rest. They pick it clean. The salami and cheese was passed its consumption date, so my hens get that too. When I dumped it on their plate I couldn't help but thinking about the new sub species that frequent Staten Island  waters.

Edited by Zipper

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

1 hour ago, Zipper said:

I was feeding my chickens this morning when this happened.  When eating striper I eat the fillets, then roast the head and rack. I hate wasting any meat on anything I harvest. Plenty of meat on the carcass. My chickens get the rest. They pick it clean. The salami and cheese was passed its consumption date, so my hens get that too. When I dumped it on their plate I couldn't help but thinking about the new sub species that frequent Staten Island  waters.

I keep saying I’m going to try this. Always seems like such a waste with all the meat around the head and rack like you said. You are a true sportsman. 

On 5/6/2022 at 7:49 PM, Zipper said:

Wife and I are planning on getting chickens once we buy a new house, I didn’t know they can eat stuff like that. If they can basically eat anything (like any and all leftovers from my family) that would save a bunch of money on chicken feed. Is there anything they shouldn’t eat?

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to Possible New Sub Species Of Striped Bass
On 5/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, JFC1 said:

My chicken farmer grandmother always insisted that if you feed them chicken they'll eat one another

You just can't let them know that is chicken that they're eating. Lol. They will be brutal to each other if blood is drawn. They will peck to death any chicken that has an exposed wound. You have to separate the wounded chicken immediately. The sell a antiseptic spray called Blue Kote to cover up red wounds to blue. This seems to stop the attacks.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW