IGNORED

The blues

Codaboy

I enjoy catching the blues. But I'm still trying to get some more bass. I need 10 more keeper size fish to have 200 for the spring season. But the downside is you 60$ metal lip swimmers, and 50$ glider's get destroyed.. sure the cheep lures do get bass, but the big girls don't fall as easy for them. A 6" long 2.5 " wide glider or and 8" long mls, RB plug works slim surfster they get the big girls. You're sp/ hydro minnows do get a lot of fish. Just not the big girls. But the blues don't care what you toss to them. Have fun guys my buddy tj is pounding them as I'm writing this at the top of the hook.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, inletmike said:

If you want to learn about bluefish read the book "blues" by John Hersey.  He does a great job of weaving the fishing and history of the Bluefish. 

Fun fact - no bluefish were caught in New England from 1780 to 1825. 

Think about that. 

For the detractors here's a quick link: https://mvmagazine.com/news/2005/05/01/o-bluefish-where-art-thou

Makes perfect sense.  The climate including ocean temps was colder back then. The earth has been in a warming trend for roughly 15,000 years.  

I’ll take blues over stripers any day. Stripers fight like lake trout and blues fight  like salmon[emoji16]veracious fish. There’s a reason god made them stay below 3olbs, there wouldn’t be anything left in the ocean
Maby so. But any hack can get on bluefish. Skilled angler's get on the big girls.

7 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

Maby so. But any hack can get on bluefish. Skilled angler's get on the big girls.

You ever try the Daddy Mac Bobby Rice (RD Bomb) ?? One of my good buddies developed it in Cape Cod. They are sold at Tackle Direct. It is very similar to Doc top water lure. I have caught a ton of bass in CC on them. Work very well. I tuna fish w Bobby every fall in CC.

You ever try the Daddy Mac Bobby Rice (RD Bomb) ?? One of my good buddies developed it in Cape Cod. They are sold at Tackle Direct. It is very similar to Doc top water lure. I have caught a ton of bass in CC on them. Work very well. I tuna fish w Bobby every fall in CC.
No I have not. I use the RB plug works and mh4 designs spook and the fish on 8 mully as my daytime top water. I prefer wood over plastic. Sunday may 14th in seaside park. Is the last plug show for the season. A lot of great builders will be there. Stop in and support these guys¡¡¡

Top. RB plug works
Mh4 designs
Fish on 8s. MullyIMG_20220428_143053184.jpg

23 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

I agree. And don't count out the weakfish when it comes to putting up a hard fight

Weakfish? You may as well fish for a ghost. I remember when Weakfish were so plentiful, you had to hide your hook to put bait on it. :laughing:

Weakfish? You may as well fish for a ghost. I remember when Weakfish were so plentiful, you had to hide your hook to put bait on it. :laughing:
My buddy got a 26" just the other day. You gotta know where to go to find them. We get weakies every year. Not like 15 years ago. But I know where to get them year after year.

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

I’ll take blues over stripers any day. Stripers fight like lake trout and blues fight  like salmon😁veracious fish. There’s a reason god made them stay below 3olbs, there wouldn’t be anything left in the ocean

Ever catch a striper in deep water ? 

Fish caught above 50’ usually have a good solid run before coming in top .

fish caught below 50’ fight like a tuna , and don’t want to do anything to move off the bottom .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, Codaboy said:

I love striper fishing .

but they are not difficult to catch when they want to feed .

‘There isn’t much a striper won’t eat .

‘They actually will eat many things a bluefish won’t .

‘skill in catching stripers is knowing where and when they will chew .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/