IGNORED

Brand new hunter

Marty Z

How important is camo, when shooting from a ground blind or tree stand? The reason I ask is that when I bought my current bow about 4 years ago I got it in black with orange strings, not camo. How much of an issue is that going to be?

Also, what would be the best type of knife to use for field dressing? I have many knives, folding and fixed blade, but all my fixed blade knives have blades longer then 5 inches which I think would be too long. I was looking into either the ESEE 3, what are your recommendations? under $150 please. 

2 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

If I got two in a Camry, certainly even a Camaro can fit one. 😄

The trunk itself is probably big enough, the problem is the trunk opening, which is half the width of the trunk. Even if I am able to squeeze it thru, it will be really messy.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have another question. Do you folks use a bow mounted quiver or are there other types of quivers available that can be used with broadheads? I want to stay away from a bow mounted quiver for multiple reasons, but I am not sure that a standard scabbard style quiver can be used with broadheads.

7 minutes ago, Marty Z said:

Ok, so I have another question. Do you folks use a bow mounted quiver or are there other types of quivers available that can be used with broadheads? I want to stay away from a bow mounted quiver for multiple reasons, but I am not sure that a standard scabbard style quiver can be used with broadheads.

The bow mounted quiver slides off and hangs on a hook you screw into tree. 

Couple of things here- all of the NJ is loaded with ticks during the bow season. If you put the deer in the luggage area of your wife's car or in the back of an SUV, you have just invited ticks into your vehicle. Ask me how I know!

I personally like to skin and quarter in the field. Got to do it anyway. Why make it any harder than it is!

2 hours ago, trapoholic said:

Couple of things here- all of the NJ is loaded with ticks during the bow season. If you put the deer in the luggage area of your wife's car or in the back of an SUV, you have just invited ticks into your vehicle. Ask me how I know!

I personally like to skin and quarter in the field. Got to do it anyway. Why make it any harder than it is!

My plan would be to take it to the butcher. I live in a townhouse so I won't be skinning and quartering at home. But the tick thing is concerning, I might have to end up skinning and quartering in the field. Ok, back to youtube to learn how to do that.