IGNORED

Shad

JHbowhunter

Mother Nature finally gave a narrow window to be able to get on some shad recently with the flood receding and warming waters. Took @Bucksnbows in my boat Good Friday afternoon N of gap but the winds and debris made it un-fishable.  To make matters worse the water pump went in the Honda 9.9. Had to row back in. We then donned the waders and I got my first two shad rather quickly then wind and debris made it even too bad for casting. Saturday afternoon my buddy Todd and I did much better with much less debris and clearing 52 degree water. I went 9 for 13 and he went 9 for 10. A few nice roe in the mix. Mother Nature giveth  and now she taking it away again with chilling water temps and river is forecasted to rise 3’ by Wednesday the day before the big tournament. She is a bitch!!!!

02A950AE-03E0-4411-9246-18436088A12E.jpeg

28B400F1-B93A-4CF1-81A4-767B83961367.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Mother Nature finally gave a narrow window to be able to get on some shad recently with the flood receding and warming waters. Took @Bucksnbows in my boat Good Friday afternoon N of gap but the winds and debris made it un-fishable.  To make matters worse the water pump went in the Honda 9.9. Had to row back in. We then donned the waders and I got my first two shad rather quickly then wind and debris made it even too bad for casting. Saturday afternoon my buddy Todd and I did much better with much less debris and clearing 52 degree water. I went 9 for 13 and he went 9 for 10. A few nice roe in the mix. Mother Nature giveth  and now she taking it away again with chilling water temps and river is forecasted to rise 3’ by Wednesday the day before the big tournament. She is a bitch!!!!

02A950AE-03E0-4411-9246-18436088A12E.jpeg

28B400F1-B93A-4CF1-81A4-767B83961367.jpeg

“Had to row back in”. I noticed you left out just WHO had to row us back in. :letsparty:

:rofl:

Almost forgot about them.  Nice to see they are biting.  Fun fish to catch.  Have to find me a double secret spot from shore.  River will eat my yak up right now.  Warming up again the end of the week.  Going from ice on the windshield this morning to 80 next weekend

3 hours ago, hemlock said:

Very cool you got into some action. I have a few of those older cabela's  pro guide rods and still use them as well. 

Jack bought out all the rods at cabela's, bass pro, dick's, and gander mountain before they went under.

15 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Jack bought out all the rods at cabela's, bass pro, dick's, and gander mountain before they went under.

And Sports authority and Hermans.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt