IGNORED

musconetcong river is perfect right now

Kype

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Reading some of these posts it seems that people love to wade for no f'ing reason.  Guy with a fly rod was standing in the middle of the pool I always catch fish out of.  I was going to throw my spinner out and snag his f'ing waders , but I already had my 5.5 pounder so I went on my way.:up:

i agree with standing in the pools. some just dont know. im rarely in above my knees. but i wear chest waders in case i have to cross a river to fish a certain run the right way. 

Anyone know what the Musky looks like in the Hackettstown area and along Rt 57 as far as clarity, flows, etc...  I'm sure it's fishable, but is it still on the high side as far as wading goes?  The USGS site gives info in Bloomsbury which is a long ways down river.  Considering the hour long ride down tomorrow morning to spend the day FFing.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, luv2hunt said:

Anyone know what the Musky looks like in the Hackettstown area and along Rt 57 as far as clarity, flows, etc...  I'm sure it's fishable, but is it still on the high side as far as wading goes?  The USGS site gives info in Bloomsbury which is a long ways down river.  Considering the hour long ride down tomorrow morning to spend the day FFing.  Thanks!

PM notjust22s

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 minute ago, luv2hunt said:

the whole river is fine now. as long as your not one of those guys who use a wading staff. then it might be bad wading for you. 

your other option is if you drive down this way and the musky isnt to your liking then you can fish the phohat. that creek is fishable and easy wading

6 minutes ago, Kype said:

the whole river is fine now. as long as your not one of those guys who use a wading staff. then it might be bad wading for you. 

your other option is if you drive down this way and the musky isnt to your liking then you can fish the phohat. that creek is fishable and easy wading

Appreciate the feedback :cool:  No wading staff here...Never fished Pohatcong...sounds like a good Plan B...Thank Again!

2 hours ago, luv2hunt said:

I was just in Hackettstown this morning then drove 57 downstream and it’s a bit off color and maybe a little higher, yesterday’s rain added some volume, but should be fine for you strong young bucks tomorrow good luck 

without me, my rifle is nothing

19 hours ago, Kype said:

Hey I resemble that remark ! My wading staff has saved my ass a few times while crossing some nasty water. I use it mostly on big water and bouldering rivers. 

1 hour ago, OMC said:

Hey I resemble that remark ! My wading staff has saved my ass a few times while crossing some nasty water. I use it mostly on big water and bouldering rivers. 

Yup. I made it to 64 before I started carrying it all the time 

34 minutes ago, Kype said:

here we go again:shakehead: over 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours

Screenshot_20220419-160632.png.dcd74022b989b7bd02fe2b6f83e6f9ef.png

Screenshot_20220419-160632.png

What app are you using? I was using one called Riverflows and I really liked it. Switched to an apple phone last summer and then discovered they only make it for android