IGNORED

musconetcong river is perfect right now

Kype

12 hours ago, Kype said:

lol im young yet. wading in 800cfs makes it an interesting day. agree with any more rain and its over again. 

An interesting day for the one who finds your body! youth is not invincibility lol. I’ve never fished the musky only read with envy the stocking numbers. How many thousand did they slap in there this year? 

Fished the south branch yesterday with my dad and daughter. Nice day to get out but the fishing was beyond slow. I figured with very few fish caught opening weekend and the first stocking the river would be filled with fish. Water was still running on the fast side for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

Fished the south branch yesterday with my dad and daughter. Nice day to get out but the fishing was beyond slow. I figured with very few fish caught opening weekend and the first stocking the river would be filled with fish. Water was still running on the fast side for my liking. 

A lot of fish in Clinton!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

19 hours ago, TDietz said:

The most amazing part about all that is that Budd lake is such stinky mud hole. Good luck with the drys!

I participated for three years in a PhD study of native brook trout movement between the upper SBR down to the rebuilt YMCA dam in Mt. Olive. There are five tributaries that enter the SB between Budd Lake and that dam which is a barrier to wild brown trout moving upstream. Even in July and August when Budd Lake is dumping 82 degree water into the river, the very first tributary cools the river down below 70 degrees. It only gets colder from there. Four of the five tribs hold native brookies year round and the fifth only in colder months as it has two small farm ponds on it that warm it up too much in summer months. We electrofished numerous times each year and a biologist injected a paint behind the eye of each brook trout we captured. Paint color and side of the application allowed us to know where we made initial capture. Then we documented how they moved between mainstem and tribs. Fascinating project for this fish nerd. 

Edited by Bucksnbows
Spelling

3 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

An interesting day for the one who finds your body! youth is not invincibility lol. I’ve never fished the musky only read with envy the stocking numbers. How many thousand did they slap in there this year? 

alot. they again said screw those south jersey boys. give all the fish to the north lol. 

2 hours ago, Kype said:

alot. they again said screw those south jersey boys. give all the fish to the north lol. 

Stocking trout in south Jersey reminds me of an old ski industry poster.  It was a human skeleton wearing skis and ski boots, laying in front of an oil pump in the Texas dessert and it said: "If God had wanted Texans to ski, he would have given them mountains".  :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Reading some of these posts it seems that people love to wade for no f'ing reason.  Guy with a fly rod was standing in the middle of the pool I always catch fish out of.  I was going to throw my spinner out and snag his f'ing waders , but I already had my 5.5 pounder so I went on my way.:up:

One of the most common mistakes I see on trout rivers, anglers standing where they should be fishing.   

18 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

One of the most common mistakes I see on trout rivers, anglers standing where they should be fishing.   

I guess they never heard of and learned how to read the water.:nerd:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt