IGNORED

Ghost Guns

Nomad

So, right now you can make your own gun at home whether it be on a printer or machining and it is legal?

As far as ordering parts, I thought you could only order barrel, stock, pistol grip, etc., and not the receiver or part with the serial # on it to complete the gun? They,(news), are making it sound like you can buy parts to make a complete gun now without going thru the normal checks.   Is that true?

What is the real story with ghost guns?

i was under the impression that the only part that needs a backround check etc...is the action. any other part of the gun can be bought and shipped to your house. but i could be wrong. 

bucndoe probably knows the laws regaurding this. 

If you reside out of NJ you could have made your own firearms but there were a ton of laws effecting transport and sale.

You could purchase 80percent complete and a jig. Then complete your lower and purchase the other parts. The 80 percent are not a functioning firearm and there for not serialized.

Check PAFOA for more details about laws and rules about kits and finishing.

Citizens have been making our own firearms since beg of firearms.

The issue with Biden's new rules are definition of firearm, restricted part purchase and pretty much the end of 80 percent lowers.

Again why I laugh when I hear ignorant people say they haven't lost any rights by living in NJ.

You don't know how bad NJ is until you leave and realize what you have been missing and how much authority you gave the State.

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Let's go after the perps you take a life we will take yours with a needle in the arm.  My wife and i watching the news a few days back a perp got 300 years in jail and parole after 282 years. What the hell is 300 years just make it life.

8 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Let's go after the perps you take a life we will take yours with a needle in the arm.  My wife and i watching the news a few days back a perp got 300 years in jail and parole after 282 years. What the hell is 300 years just make it life.

A life sentence is only 35 or 40 years it does not mean in prison until you die

52 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

I for one have zero issues with this.  We have learned from past mistakes such as condemning a criminal to the death sentence only to watch that state overturn capital punishment and allow that criminal to be paroled.  If that happens with so-called "death sentences", then it would not apply to your criminal you watched on TV.  He has to wait 282 years and then he has the opportunity to tell his parole board he's fully rehabilitated.  :)

As this entire BS argument about how suddenly everyone owns a ghost gun and intends to use it in crimes unfolds, I more fear the words of the left because they are very telling.  Did anyone hear BiteMe talk about "nobody needs this for recreation".  He was talking about not only ghost guns, but ARs and other semi-autos.  I would love just one time to question the POTUS and ask him if he knows why the Framers of the Constitution added the 2nd Amendment in the first place?  Was it to provide for hunting?  Target practice?  Competitive shooting sports?  Self defense?  No, it was added to ensure the Colonialists would be able to defend themselves from the tyranny of their own government.  Pretty tough to do with 12 gauge pumps and # 6 shot. 

And another thing to consider is that back then, both the military and private citizens owned the same weapons - smoothbore flintlock rifles.  Today, our modern military carries fully automatic weapons, something the average US citizen cannot own and someone no private NJ citizen can own.  So if we ever do need to stand up to tyranny while armed, we are already behind the proverbial 8 ball....   

48 minutes ago, CJ3a said:

I don’t see the point of a 80% parts.  Fully machined receivers are cheap enough. 

Here is a video about some changes and why you might have wanted to build a firearm. Also the reason - wouldn't it be nice for the government NOT to know every gun you own? Why - because F*&(& You.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

3 hours ago, hostak126 said:

The executive just created this "ruling" and by passed the legislature. Lawsuits are coming against biden, garland, and the atf

Literally the first sentence of the Constitution after the preamble states in Article I "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives." 

In other words Congress, not the President makes U.S. law.

IMO the administration knew this will head to the courts and they'll use it as a selling point at election time to drum up liberal A2A supporters. Remember there's some moderate Dems who support 2A, that the left wouldn't mind replacing with their puppets and this gives them campaign fodder.

Just one more reason why we need definitive rulings to support 2A from SCOTUS.

Edited by DJ0808

1 minute ago, Tarhunt said:

They need to have the feds investigate gun crimes and not the state. Federal gun charges are at 5 years in prison versus the soft state gun laws. 

The Marxists that currently make up the Democratic party have little interest in solving problems. Their concern is centralizing all power.