IGNORED

Fishing vest/pack options

Bkusant

• 4 weeks later...

Subscribed. I’ve been using a Fanny pack for years while wading but I’d like to switch to a chest style pack. I now keep go pro batteries in my pack and it gets really close to being submerged. Also would like to add some accessories to my wading belt but the pack keeps the waist area congested.

if im fishing all day i use a sling pack. holds everything and a water bottle. if im just going out for alittle bit then i throw what i need into the pockets of my wading jacket. or my waders. my waders have an outside pocket and inside pocket.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, Bucksnbows said:

I switched from vest to chest pack a dozen or so years ago and it was the best thing I’ve done in years. I have the popular but discontinued Confluence by William Joseph. Lots of storage and magnetic openings. 

Love magnet openings.

I switched out my velcro mittens long time ago for deer huntin..shusss

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Timo said:

Subscribed. I’ve been using a Fanny pack for years while wading but I’d like to switch to a chest style pack. I now keep go pro batteries in my pack and it gets really close to being submerged. Also would like to add some accessories to my wading belt but the pack keeps the waist area congested.

A chest pack will get your things up above the water line for sure unless you sometimes wade really deep as I do.  I just air out my chest pack if I get water inside the lower compartments.  Not something that ever happens on a NJ trout stream, but does in the Catskills when you need to reach a big bank sipper and wade through the trough to get to it.  

On 4/9/2022 at 10:17 AM, hemlock said:

For fly and tenkara fishing i like a front pack. For spin fishing i like a good sized creel because i carry a wide range of jerk baits in many colors and sizes.

Do you use the creel to carry anything else?

4 hours ago, TroutandBucks said:

I just got an Orvis sling pack a month ago and fished 3 times with it now and its the best I'm very happy I went to this from a vest

does the orvis pack have a spot for a net to be tucked somewhere? i using my wading belt to hold my net but with my sling pack on it gets in the way. 

6 hours ago, Kype said:

if im fishing all day i use a sling pack. holds everything and a water bottle. if im just going out for alittle bit then i throw what i need into the pockets of my wading jacket. or my waders. my waders have an outside pocket and inside pocket.

Same. Tactical sling pack is the way to go. Over the shoulder to the spot. Then spin it around to the front while fishing. Got all the lures and jigs organized how I want. Light weight and convenience. Hardly ever bring a tackle box. It's in the truck if I really need it.