IGNORED

Spring Lake ..........Crap Show Already

Tuck

Growing up in PA we used to fish the dyberry creek a lot for trout. Guys would be parked along the road a day or two in advance with campers and tents.  There were a lot of folks out fishing.  We still managed to do well though even with the high numbers.  Can’t tell you how many times though old timers would show up at 7:50am and stand in the middle of a 15yd wide creek to catch a 8” stocked Brook trout out from underneath a 12 year old.  But hey at least the guy had a $800 pair of waiters a fancy net and a really expensive rod.  Unfortunately in all things there will be the people who think they are entitled to the land (public) over anyone else.

2 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

Growing up in PA we used to fish the dyberry creek a lot for trout. Guys would be parked along the road a day or two in advance with campers and tents.  There were a lot of folks out fishing.  We still managed to do well though even with the high numbers.  Can’t tell you how many times though old timers would show up at 7:50am and stand in the middle of a 15yd wide creek to catch a 8” stocked Brook trout out from underneath a 12 year old.  But hey at least the guy had a $800 pair of waiters a fancy net and a really expensive rod.  Unfortunately in all things there will be the people who think they are entitled to the land (public) over anyone else.

Tried to get into the sgl along the river the day before trout season to do some turkey scouting.  They were stocking the river, and the cars lined the road for a half mile with tons of people in the road watching the fish being stocked.  Had to turn around.  No way to get through that to even the first parking lot.  

I might go check out a lake in the morning, but I'll probably wait until Monday and head to the woods tomorrow instead.  I'm sure all who stayed home today will be out tomorrow.  I hate crowds.

9 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

Used to count off the days to opening day on the school bus, starting in January. Never even dreamed of missing opening day. Haven't fished an opening day in 50 years, hate  crowds and anyone in sight !

The last opening day of trout fishing for me was exactly 40 years ago. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I was telling Bugs last night, at her age of 9 I was at "my" spot by 0600 on opening day to claim it.

As a kid it was great as an adult for me at least it's WTF 

My kids are raised with my adult attitude, we will still catch fish just might have to work a little more for them

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.