IGNORED

Gray ghost.. Weimaraner pups

Last month when a member put his short haired up for adoption there was plenty of comments on commitment when taking up the responsibilities of getting a new member to the family..

that same week my buddies parents in Michigan got 2 new pups brother n sister the mom and dad both in their early 70ies talk about COMMITMENT !!

I wish them both long lives most likely the last dogs they will ever own

the first pic was last month 2nd pic yesterday 

GREAT LOOKING DOGS!!

96C869DA-A640-4F38-A6BC-D06808086A15.png

F16111FB-E696-456F-8E47-FAF570968CD7.jpeg

I had a male Weimaraner. He was a great dog. When my first daughter was born he was very protective of her. Sadly I had to give him a new home. He was so protective of my daughter that I couldn’t have people over. He would growl at them and get aggressive if they even got up off the couch. I was afraid he was gonna bite someone. I lost him pheasant hunting one day. A deer got up in front of us and he chased after it.  On old timer told me to leave my hunting coat hanging on a bush . After a couple of hours of searching for him I went back to my coat and there he was walking around. He looked at me like where you been dad. I gave him to a buddy of mine so I still got to see him from time to time. He lived to be 15. 

I had a male Weimaraner. He was a great dog. When my first daughter was born he was very protective of her. Sadly I had to give him a new home. He was so protective of my daughter that I couldn’t have people over. He would growl at them and get aggressive if they even got up off the couch. I was afraid he was gonna bite someone. I lost him pheasant hunting one day. A deer got up in front of us and he chased after it.  On old timer told me to leave my hunting coat hanging on a bush . After a couple of hours of searching for him I went back to my coat and there he was walking around. He looked at me like where you been dad. I gave him to a buddy of mine so I still got to see him from time to time. He lived to be 15. 
My weimaraner/ cho lab. He made 15.5 years. I have a buddy in Florida. His female gray gost is almost 17. And she can still get up and go.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

I first learned of this breed form an old boss. He had a few and loved to trial them. Then I saw them during my training sessions with other people who owned the breed. Really cool dogs.

That is a lot of work for people up in age and I wish them all the best.

When I got my new pup last year my neighbor went and got a rescue pup. Ridge back or something. He couldn't handle her and had to give her away. He swore she was aggressive but it was simply trying to fit in with another dog and he thought it was going to be hand off.

Good luck and many happy times.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

1 hour ago, Codaboy said:

My weimaraner/ cho lab. He made 15.5 years. I have a buddy in Florida. His female gray gost is almost 17. And she can still get up and go.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

They really are amazing dogs.  I have a buddy that had a male Weimaraner. He owns a farm. He went on his honeymoon and put his dog In a kennel 2 miles from his farm. The kennel called him when he was on his honeymoon. Told him his dog got away somehow. He told them ok don’t worry about it. They said maybe you didn’t hear me. He is gone. He told them he knows his way home. He called a relative and said you need to get to the farm and wait for the dog. Sure enough the dog came home. 

17 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

They really are amazing dogs.  I have a buddy that had a male Weimaraner. He owns a farm. He went on his honeymoon and put his dog In a kennel 2 miles from his farm. The kennel called him when he was on his honeymoon. Told him his dog got away somehow. He told them ok don’t worry about it. They said maybe you didn’t hear me. He is gone. He told them he knows his way home. He called a relative and said you need to get to the farm and wait for the dog. Sure enough the dog came home. 

Dogs in general are truly amazing animals. A while ago lost mine deep in the woods, she went after a deer. I just kept biking along and when i got home she was waiting on the porch. I sure as hell didn't train her for that....

39 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

Dogs in general are truly amazing animals. A while ago lost mine deep in the woods, she went after a deer. I just kept biking along and when i got home she was waiting on the porch. I sure as hell didn't train her for that....

True. Dogs are amazing animals. That’s awesome.