IGNORED

Winchester 70 vs Remington 700

BHC

19 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Has anyone had their hands on one of the new 700's that Remington has recently released? If so, what is the quality like?

If you are referring to the 770's they are garbage compared to what they used to make. Remington is/was supposed to start manufacturing again in numbers by March 2021

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 hour ago, smittty said:

Ok the military’s shotguns are the mossberg 590 and the Remington 870 I wouldn’t even think of using ether upland hunting. Like others said two different animals 

Remember....I am referring to elite snipers. The military chose a 700 platform. They recent have gone away from it. 1966 was the beginning of 700 sniper m40. 

I own 4 model 70’s pre and post 64 and 5 700’s. Both amazing guns. The quality of the firearm goes to the Win, The REM wins on accuracy.. it’s truly preference.. My favorite One is a Model 70 lft handed custom shop model with AAA wood, custom trigger, and glass bedding with a Swarovski Z6 scope in 300wsm. I have the same build in the Rem 700. For these 2, Winchester takes the award. Toss a coin and either one is superb.

Out of the box accuracy and having to do nothing to the gun is what made the 700's legendary reputation

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

On 3/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, Bucndoe said:

If you are referring to the 770's they are garbage compared to what they used to make. Remington is/was supposed to start manufacturing again in numbers by March 2021

No, I was referring to the current run of 700's like this one being offered through MidwayUSA.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020189162?pid=218263

1 minute ago, trapoholic said:

No, I was referring to the current run of 700's like this one being offered through MidwayUSA.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020189162?pid=218263

In that case, I have no idea. I would be suspect of the quality only because they don't make things like they used to

Winchester model 70 :up: Years ago my brother had a Remington 700 that sometimes  would go off when he closed the action. 

Very interesting read on that Field & Stream article. Seems to me that either Winchester or Remington, one will have a very fine rifle. 

I myself would be partial to the Remington, having owned the 700 BDL in 7mm REM Mag.  Bought the rifle from Better Living Department Store in Jamesburg back in the 1980’s- they must have been an FFL back then.  Brought it to Herman Treptow’s in Milltown, NJ to have a Redfield Widefield 3x - 9x scope installed and to be bore sighted. Took it over to the Winchester Range in Englishtown to sight it in- first three shots center punched the bulls-eye.

Never had a chance to hunt with it as career, family and finances never allowed me the time or extra coins to hunt elk out in the Mid-West. Sold it to a friend for $400 twenty years ago. Now that I’ll be retiring soon, I wish I never sold that rifle. 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:35 AM, tjfslaughter said:

Owned them both. Now I’m strictly a SAKO guy. Smokes them both off the production line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree SAKO, love mine

4 hours ago, SpyderMan said:

Very interesting read on that Field & Stream article. Seems to me that either Winchester or Remington, one will have a very fine rifle. 

I myself would be partial to the Remington, having owned the 700 BDL in 7mm REM Mag.  Bought the rifle from Better Living Department Store in Jamesburg back in the 1980’s- they must have been an FFL back then.  Brought it to Herman Treptow’s in Milltown, NJ to have a Redfield Widefield 3x - 9x scope installed and to be bore sighted. Took it over to the Winchester Range in Englishtown to sight it in- first three shots center punched the bulls-eye.

Never had a chance to hunt with it as career, family and finances never allowed me the time or extra coins to hunt elk out in the Mid-West. Sold it to a friend for $400 twenty years ago. Now that I’ll be retiring soon, I wish I never sold that rifle. 

I used to shoot at the englishtown range boy you're old.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt