IGNORED

ISO Yard Tick Control Company?

Not sure how well that works depending on your property layout.  Does it just kill ticks currently in the grass but new ones can crawl across the lawn a week later?   Lyme's starts with mice so what’s a pretty popular method of control is tick tubes.  Get old paper towel/toilet paper tubes and stuff with cotton balls soaked in permethrin.  Scatter the tubes about the property. Mice will take the cotton to make nest and when they crawl through the cotton balls the young ticks living on the mice will come into contact with permethrin and die.   

DIY with a pump sprayer and a gallon of 10% permethrin from tractor supply.  80z to a gallon of water.  Use water base permethrin if you have direct runoff into water, otherwise the petroleum base is fine.  Most likely is the same stuff the companies are using.  It's a plant base chemical only harmful to cats if you spray them with it, or to bees if sprayed on flowers.  Now is the time to do it.  I spray 3-4' around the perimeter of my 1/2 acre, around all the shrubs and where the dogs mostly go, then keep the lawn short.  Ticks don't like the heat and will fry if they are exposed to the sun on a hot day. Do the whole lawn if you have thick grass.  I put the 2.5gl sprayer on the lawn tractor and drive around while spraying.  Easy to diy

I use this product not available at Professional Strength as on Amazon. 

Kills ticks on Contact and 3 months after application =------ Safe for Dogs after Drying, 

There are Youtube videos' on line and Directions on how to use it,  Granular or Spray --I Spray it with a Garden Hose end Sprayer. 

From Mosquitos to Ticks hard to kill Stick Bugs Lawn Bushes Trees,    Garden centers do not sell it, Pro Product 

71blwFNRWyL._SL1500_.jpg

81pH6OgvDtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61czR4nLGdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71O41J2Ap8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

17 minutes ago, rgw said:

Ginney hens

:rofl:   :headscratch:   ( Guinea ) Hens  They ran wild when I was a kid in Alpine Park, Union Township,  would roost in our trees at night and on occasion on our table as  Sunday Dinner. 

images.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL