IGNORED

Future Hunting Contest Changes

BowhunterNJ

Hunting Contest Changes  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to remove Team Contests and go with Two Individual Contests instead (one for all members and one for members who have reached a certain post/content count)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you want Two Individual Contests, do you want the same entree fees for both?

• Yes, keep it at $10 for both Individual contests
    • No, keep it at $10 for the all members Individual contest, and make it more for the higher post/content count contributing members Individual contest
    • Increase it for both Individual contests, $10 isn't enough
    • I don't want two Individual contests, keep it at $10 for just one Individual contest open to all members
    • I don't want two Individual contests, but let's make it more for the one Individual contest open to all members

I've received feedback from a number of members regarding a level of dissatisfaction with Team oriented contests and corresponding lack of participation.  As such, I'm thinking about shifting to just Individual contests and namely TWO, one for all members and one for members that have reached a certain post/content count.  The goal of this is to have a dedicated prize pool for each, and to reward contributing members outside of the contest open to all members.  The question then becomes, how do we handle entry fees and how do we offset the FREE aspect of the Team contest.  Conversely, some may argue the Team contest is FREE to enter, so who cares if their Team doesn't participate, they aren't losing anything.  And if you don't enjoy it, then don't enter it.  However, many want to enjoy the Team contest but it's really no fun to engage when you feel like you're trying on a team and your teammates aren't, and the goal of all this is to have fun, have some friendly competition/banter, and have you all interested in creating some content here on the site by adding your hunts and experiences.  It seems like the Team contest isn't providing that for many.

I'm going to toss up two polls for member feedback:

1. Do you want to remove Team Contests and go with Two Individual Contests instead (one for all members and one for members who have reached a certain post/content count)?
  2. If you want Two Individual Contests, do you want the same entree fees for both?

Please vote and give me an idea of where everyone stands, and feel free to add your ideas in replies.  I'd like to make any changes to the upcoming Turkey contests.

EDIT:  I wanted to add that members who have reached a certain post/content count CAN enter BOTH contests

If Teams isn't enjoyable you'll just see a reduction of participants until there's not many teams.  

If we add an entry fee then members on teams where teammates don't participate will really tick them off.  Conversely it could motivate them but most will probably say it's only $10 who cares.