IGNORED

2022 Garden Thread

4 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I was thinking of putting a wider board between where they meet to walk on top of it.

Why even have joist's in the middle pull them out. Lay them down there's your walking planks.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

9 minutes ago, Kype said:

no garden this year for me. just gonna do a tomatoe plant in a pot and a chilli pepper plant on the deck. to many other things going on. i look forward to the pictures though. :up:

Mama and baby boy coming priority number one. 👍

5 gallon buckets on the back of the deck drill holes in the bottom  2"gravel/stone fill em with soil, grape tomatoes thrive!

Other maintenance-free alternatives.

https://www.ruralsprout.com/upside-down-tomato-plants/

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 hours ago, Njpddet said:

I think that I started a few varieties too early. My zucchini and tomatoes are going to have to be repotted into larger containers soon.  I’m still learning

84D387B4-9D22-42E0-B9D8-890206D96C70.jpeg

6ED78BA0-DADF-4BE2-BED3-B8762AE0C9CC.jpeg

C19AB5FD-FE8F-457A-B6BB-A4242F8A9928.jpeg

Zucchinis are going to need to be repotted a few times. I don't start my zuks and cuks until 4.5 weeks before wthe last frost and they still need to be repotted once in that time frame. Tomatoes will probably  need to be repotted twice, but you will have a huge plant by the time you put it out. 

Edited by Northjerseyoutdoorsman

10 hours ago, Njpddet said:

I think that I started a few varieties too early. My zucchini and tomatoes are going to have to be repotted into larger containers soon.  I’m still learning

84D387B4-9D22-42E0-B9D8-890206D96C70.jpeg

6ED78BA0-DADF-4BE2-BED3-B8762AE0C9CC.jpeg

C19AB5FD-FE8F-457A-B6BB-A4242F8A9928.jpeg

Those cucurbits grow fast.......maybe should have statrted them a bit later......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

On 3/20/2022 at 7:31 PM, Haskell_Hunter said:

I am building raised beds this year; four of them.  Got some pine cut at a lumber mill recommended by @LPJR.  Picked it up on Friday.  I had to finish it into 8' lengths, and did that today.  Assembled two of the four beds before I ran out of sunlight.

I'll be assembling the other two beds later this week.  I had one tomato seedling sprout so far.  Spring is here and the work begins!

IMG_1154.jpeg.35cc800d7f0d6252540d9e09f7a5f346.jpeg

We put chicken wire under our raised beds to keep the rabbits and ground hogs from digging underneath...Looks goo though!!

Nice to see Victory & Subsistence  gardens still surviving,  Did My sahe over the Years,   Had one that was against the Fence  25 ft X 50 lasted about 6 years Downsized to a 6 ft x 16 ft for grand Kids to do their thing, 

I grew many things and Had many problems Insects - Critters  - One thing for sure my neighbor's Shared  & Ate well, 

Than I got into Landscaping My yard $$$$$  Even had 3 Koi Ponds that the Herons would help themselves to the fish,  

One thing left is my Compost Bin next to shed ,   Talk about Humus :up: 

Sun #2.jpg

xxxxxxxx.jpg

DSC_0012 (3).JPG

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif