IGNORED

2022 Garden Thread

2 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Yea, mine are half that size but have several 6 inch zucchini on each plant. Not sure why yours is not producing zucchini. Your plants look great.

H H may have hit the nail on the head.  I put vegetable/tomato fertilizer around the plants, on top of the soil being rich compost already.  May be too much nitrogen.  Next year I'll try them in a new spot that is just dirt

Anyone seeing any garden pests?  I have Lilac borers on my lilac in the back, I might have either a pest or a fungus issue with my peaches right now.  I am hoping its fungus so I can manage it, but if it's pests, I might lose both trees.

The Lilac borers are also Ash Borers, which means the trees and the flowering bush both are affected by this nemeses.

I bought two different organic fungicides for the food plants.  I hope they work this year because I usually have a bad fungus problem.  Such is life living in the valleys of NJ with 100% humidity overnight in the summers.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Late start myself this year, dealing with some uncooperative hens first; then I couldn’t find decent plants on the shelf so I started from seed.  Slow going, lost some transferred plants early on to squirrels and rabbits, but everything seems to have taken root finally.  Cucamelons are showing tendrils finally, pepper plants are turning up, cucs and corn look good.  Carrot tops finally sprouting and the bush tomatoes are showing promise.  Definitely starting from seed next year, but going to time it more appropriately.

73CCF057-B2E6-4202-B80A-44CF9ED47B5E.jpeg

37F76E7F-3ECA-4B2F-8649-65E49A3F7628.jpeg

B0625DEB-4EA9-4F74-A0CB-A21C6B21820A.jpeg

A7BE04DC-55F0-4B2E-8926-48E80BDDFF3E.jpeg

A6EE7FD2-1D9D-4F63-B0AE-802CDFEF7310.jpeg

2 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Anyone seeing any garden pests?  I have Lilac borers on my lilac in the back, I might have either a pest or a fungus issue with my peaches right now.  I am hoping its fungus so I can manage it, but if it's pests, I might lose both trees.

The Lilac borers are also Ash Borers, which means the trees and the flowering bush both are affected by this nemeses.

I bought two different organic fungicides for the food plants.  I hope they work this year because I usually have a bad fungus problem.  Such is life living in the valleys of NJ with 100% humidity overnight in the summers.

I had a brown dust like fungus on my tomatoes for a couple years.  Tried a couple different chemicals but still came back.  Planted them in a different flower bed last year, back in the garden this year, and so far I haven't seen any sign of it, yet.  Usually appears later when the plants produce.  Had something killing a limb on my pear tree few years back. Cut off and burned the limb.  Haven't had anything since.  I also have lilacs and they are all ok.  Ash are dead all around here.  Have to use seven dust on my young bean chutes or cut worms take them down as fast as they come up.  Had chinese beetles one year. Pain brushing them off the climbing bean leaves every morning and night into a jar of water.  They change course year after year, following the females