IGNORED

Traditions Nitrofire - Federal Firestick

FeniQuest217

I recently purchased the Traditions Nitrofire and i am absolutely excited about it. I really was torn with the CVA - i had my eye on that one (i mean i can still get it ;)  ) anyways i was wondering if anyone else on here made the same purchase as the Nitrofire is treated as an AR-15(ugh) -

how are you getting your Federal Firesticks? Most websites say they won't ship here, so my question is where do you go locally in our state who has them? Can you ask your local FFL to order them for you and you purchase it from them? 

This is one of the reasons why I was wary when I was looking at these. You are pretty much stuck with (and at the mercy of) a single specific manufacturer to get your cartridges. What happens if demand lowers? Is Federal going to keep producing these cartridges in the same numbers today? Will they be readily available in the future? Will all our ammo stores carry them or will only a few stores have them?

When there is no competition and no one else makes them, you are pretty much helpless if Federal decides to reduce production for whatever reason (they may even decide to discontinue production if demand crashes or they need the powder/primers/whatever for other product lines - you never know).

30 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

This is one of the reasons why I was wary when I was looking at these. You are pretty much stuck with (and at the mercy of) a single specific manufacturer to get your cartridges. What happens if demand lowers? Is Federal going to keep producing these cartridges in the same numbers today? Will they be readily available in the future? Will all our ammo stores carry them or will only a few stores have them?

When there is no competition and no one else makes them, you are pretty much helpless if Federal decides to reduce production for whatever reason (they may even decide to discontinue production if demand crashes or they need the powder/primers/whatever for other product lines - you never know).

there's a lot of hunters out there that prefer there mixing and matching of powder and bullets, but i believe there's a lot that enjoy convenience. I also believe like when every new idea comes - others may follow. I could see other fun manufacturers developing a similar line. And you are saving a bullet and powder at the end of hunting trip. That's appealing to a lot as well.

Though i feel your concerns are absolutely warranted- i believe this is the future of muzzleloading and there will be a demand for it. And i dont think Federal will go out of business naytime soon - in fact thanks to the Democrats i think ammunition manufacturers made enough money in the past few years.

My brother and my father live in PA - so thatll be my workaround- i also expect some shithead democrat to eventually pass Murphy's 'ammo purchase tracking bill' at some point. Sorry-little off subject but it is NJ, and only the most moronic gun laws come from here, and california