IGNORED

Falling through ice video...

nmc02

I saw this video and thought it may be helpful (hopefully not) if you should fall through the ice. One of the best things to do after falling through is to relax and concentrate on exiting the water. Remember your legs are stronger than you arms and kick so you become parallel with the ice. See the attached video

Bud has a battery powered auger. We usually drill our way out to where we'll be fishing, keeping an eye on ice thickness when it's early in the season.

Seen ice 37 inches thick in PA one year. Couldn't stock trout for opener that year, 'cuz the ice had not melted.

12 minutes ago, 308federal said:

ICE PICKS are invaluable. Simple device. Don't even know you have them around your neck.

That guy is the toughest sob I have ever seen. Regular street clothes! AND back in the water not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES! HOLY COW!

3 times!!!  Guy is crazy!!  1st time I thought he was guna spit a clot. Showed how shock sets in. Great video!

12 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I saw this video and thought it may be helpful (hopefully not) if you should fall through the ice. One of the best things to do after falling through is to relax and concentrate on exiting the water. Remember your legs are stronger than you arms and kick so you become parallel with the ice. See the attached video

Thanks for posting this. I will have my kids watch this

13 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Thanks for sharing