Jump to content

See through blind..


3Blade
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Rusty said:

DO NOT shoot through the "shoot through" windows.  It absolutely will alter your arrow flight.  I've lost track of the number of poorly hit deer I've had to tracked because guys shot through the mesh.  

I've been holding off on putting "shoot through" mesh on my blind, worrying about effect on flight. 

I know they say use fixed-blade instead of mechanical for obvious reason, but I'm curious if a "cut-on-contact" tip reduces effect on flight versus a "chisel-tip"?

Guess I could always try some accuracy experiments after the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DJ0808 said:

I've been holding off on putting "shoot through" mesh on my blind, worrying about effect on flight. 

I know they say use fixed-blade instead of mechanical for obvious reason, but I'm curious if a "cut-on-contact" tip reduces effect on flight versus a "chisel-tip"?

Guess I could always try some accuracy experiments after the season.

There's absolutely no reason to do it, so it's not worth the risk.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DJ0808 said:

I've been holding off on putting "shoot through" mesh on my blind, worrying about effect on flight. 

I know they say use fixed-blade instead of mechanical for obvious reason, but I'm curious if a "cut-on-contact" tip reduces effect on flight versus a "chisel-tip"?

Guess I could always try some accuracy experiments after the season.

You don’t want any contact on the arrow  at all especially the first 21’ of its flight 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Rusty said:

There's absolutely no reason to do it, so it's not worth the risk.

 

49 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

You don’t want any contact on the arrow  at all especially the first 21’ of its flight

Thanks for the valid points there, especially on the first 21' of flight.

TBH I generally only keep 2 of 4 side windows open at a time (arranged so windows open aren't opposite each other), and wear black shirt or jacket with black balaclava to minimize silhouette in blind.

So far I haven't had issues with deer coming into bow range of blind, so probably best to leave good enough alone.

Edited by DJ0808
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • 2021 Season Countdowns

    • Permit Muzzleloader Buck Season
      11/29/2021 6:29AM EDT
    • 6-day Deer Firearm Season
      12/06/2021 6:36AM EDT
  • Help Support NJ Woods & Water

    • paypal-donate-button

      njwaw-premium-membership-button

      shop-at-amazon-button
  • 2021-2022 New Jersey Hunting and Trapping Digest



  • 2021-2022 Youth Deer Hunting Contest

  • 2021-2022 Adult Deer Hunting Contest

×
×
  • Create New...