Made in China

electricstart

The Kids gave me gift cards to Ramsey outdoors for My B day . I saw a nice wool old style hunting jacket red plaid . I thought it was Filson so I went in to purchase. I looked and it Schlott out of NY and they are a good company make a lot of quality motorcycle jackets .  Jacket was close to 200 bucks as I picked up to try I notice a tag Made In China . Put jacket down . I wonder when switched over to China. Does China even have wool ?Import I guess.  I will pay the extra and get a Filson . Not sure Ramsey will every get Filson in again though .  

2 hours ago, bushden said:

It gets harder every day to find anything made 100% in the USA. We need a new strong President who will push to bring back manufacture to the USA of as much as possible.

Sadly it’s never going to happen .

‘manufacturing in the United States is over .

‘The days of searching  for better made have been changed to buy it cheaper ( and get what you pay for ) 

95% of what we see coming into large construction sites that used to always be made in America now is coming from China or Mexico .

3 hours ago, bushden said:

It gets harder every day to find anything made 100% in the USA. We need a new strong President who will push to bring back manufacture to the USA of as much as possible.

Watch Shark Tank. Every time an entrepreneur pushing a new product says they want to make it in the USA, the Sharks tell them they are nuts. Make it in China. It's all about profits. Why does Exxon sell gas the same price as BP, Lukoil, and other foreign oil companies? It's about profits. Screw doing what is right. 

Edited by archer36

I recently read an article about Filson's ... not only have they been laying people off, but also selling the high-end sewing equipment that those people used.

The investment firm that owns Filson is rumored to be going public soon, and may want to make the company more profitable on paper to draw investors ...by shifting more production to south Asia and South America. 

Sucks. At least it isn't China. 

I have their bullet proof bird hunting stuff. My wife sewed on blaze orange Ten Mile Cloth. Made in Idaho, IIRC.