Hunting state parks

AdultOnsetHunter

Look in the Digest , page 26:

image.png.8d92a3e485fab59c14f38dd9350012b7.png

No Sunday hunting, page 29:

image.png.015ce77afb324995762adf937dd0ff42.png

Read the Digest and you'll see some of these in there. I just went to the digital copy and searched for "forest" and looked at all the places it is mentioned. There is probably more - that's just the first two I saw.

Edited by mazzgolf

Not sure  where your located but North NJ has Black River and Allumuchy  both big parks . Some good deer hunting . As said above by Mazzgolf  check the digest they list all the parks ,rules and seasons . If you still have questions I think there is a number to call . 

Thank you everyone. I knew about no Sunday hunting. I’ll double check the digest. Called the park and they didn’t really know much. They said they go off of normal state hunting regulations. I’ve been scouting around one of them and threw up some cameras by some rubs. Going to see what’s what this afternoon. I have definitely noticed more non hunters in the state park than my usual wmas. And signs that have hunting permitted on them have been damaged by what I assume are non hunters. 

6 hours ago, AdultOnsetHunter said:

Thank you everyone. I knew about no Sunday hunting. I’ll double check the digest. Called the park and they didn’t really know much. They said they go off of normal state hunting regulations. I’ve been scouting around one of them and threw up some cameras by some rubs. Going to see what’s what this afternoon. I have definitely noticed more non hunters in the state park than my usual wmas. And signs that have hunting permitted on them have been damaged by what I assume are non hunters. 

Black River is wild life management area you can hut Sunday  with Bow and arrow 

Edited by electricstart

9 hours ago, electricstart said:

Watch the mountain bikers and tree huggers in certain parks . Most people are friendly but you get a few.

Had a group of hikers/photographers  come up to me while I'll was hunting round valley area couple years ago during Buck week.  They didn't give me a hard time or anything,  but they where taking pictures of me in my stand, the one guy said "This photo will be called hunter waiting for the stag" with some type of accent.    I thought it was funny as hell

10 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

Had a group of hikers/photographers  come up to me while I'll was hunting round valley area couple years ago during Buck week.  They didn't give me a hard time or anything,  but they where taking pictures of me in my stand, the one guy said "This photo will be called hunter waiting for the stag" with some type of accent.    I thought it was funny as hell

Most non hunters are not anti hunters and are usually good people.  They lack the education about hunting.  The best thing you can do is talk to them unload your gun or un nock arrow place at a safe distance and talk to them..  inform while it may stink for you at the moment 5 or 10 minutes of your time will probly save you many more hunts and possibly a new hunter to the ranks.