IGNORED

Avery Easy-in Boat Ladder not very "easy" - DIY enhancement

mazzgolf

My dad bought one of these Avery Easy-In Boat Ladder for his Tracker - he's old with bad knees and back and everything else, so he can't get in and out of the boat very easily. He figured buy one of these "Easy In" boat ladders...well, contrary to their advertisements, they aren't very "easy" to use - even I couldn't use it with my waders on. The ladder is WAY too narrow so your boots have a tough time getting on the rungs and when they get on the rung, there is room for only one boot on the rung at a time.

I told him he should cut the thing in half and extend the width with some square piping of some kind. So he bought some square aluminium and did just that. Here's the before and after - the before picture doesn't do it justice... it's ridiculously narrow. But with the width extension and some camo paint, I think it came out pretty good and might end up being useful now :)

So - there's my review. I give the Avery Easy-in Boat Ladder a thumbs down - but with a little DIY ingenuity, you can enhance it to be a bit more useful.

BEFORE:

boat-ladder-before.jpg.c23d77133c609d1b55bae1ca4ee79f44.jpg

AFTER:

boat-ladder-after.jpg.dadf090ea1a043d28e3dbfcedf36465d.jpg

Now just have to make sure we have space on the boat to store it since it is about twice as wide as before!