IGNORED

Quick snack stick help please (PICS ADDED, SUCCESS)

Hunter115522

• Hunter115522 changed the title to Quick snack stick help please (PICS ADDED, SUCCESS)

So a couple things I learned.. I def over crowed them in the smoker. They took forever to reach temp. I also ice bathed them when done, I might skip this step next time to achieve a dryer/more wrinkly skin. I should have left them out at room temp longer before vacuum sealing them, as there's a little moisture in the packaging. Big thanks to @BillW0323 who PM'd me his number and told me to text him with any questions, he was super helpful, thanks again bro! All in all these came out really good. Excellent flavor, and perfect amount of smoke. Can't wait to make my next batch. 

ssticks3.jpg

ssticks2.jpg

ssticks1.jpg

Edited by Hunter115522

55 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

So a couple things I learned.. I def over crowed them in the smoker. They took forever to reach temp. I also ice bathed them when done, I might skip this step next time to achieve a dryer/more wrinkly skin. I should have left them out at room temp longer before vacuum sealing them, as there's a little moisture in the packaging. Big thanks to @BillW0323 who PM'd me his number and told me to text him with any questions, he was super helpful, thanks again bro! All in all these came out really good. Excellent flavor, and perfect amount of smoke. Can't wait to make my next batch. 

ssticks3.jpg

ssticks2.jpg

ssticks1.jpg

They look good. Glad I was able to help you out during the process. It’s definitely a learning process. Took me a few times before I got the results I wanted. 

2 minutes ago, BillW0323 said:

They look good. Glad I was able to help you out during the process. It’s definitely a learning process. Took me a few times before I got the results I wanted. 

Sticks have been my unicorn .

while what me made have been good they just haven’t been perfect .

had hoped doing them in my pit boss instead of my Bradley smoker would help as the heat is more even .

I think I’m going to super smoke next time , and put them in the oven to finish as all sticks should be more evenly done 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/