Palawman30

Had them Howling tonight!

I set up on this field around 515 and waited about 15 minutes to start calling. The wind was blowing across in front of me from right to left into the woods. The call is in that field but to the right along a fencepost. I put a jack attack bird decoy in the field just to the right also. As I walked in I noticed 2 sets of coyote prints running the fence line with the new snow I knew they were done today. I start off with a mouse squeeker series and about 7-10 minutes of silence. I then run a baby cottontail distress series for 2 minutes and another round of silence. I hit the coyote challenge and the woods explode around me. That sent chills up my spine. I know I had at least 3-4 yotes around me. I hit a female coyote series and again the woods explode. These coyotes were close. I am on point and just waiting for one to pop out of the woods when all of a sudden my phone vibrates... I ignore it and a minute late it vibrates again. Reluctantly I look in my pocket and I see there a problem at home. I have to leave now. I am beyond pissed! lol I get up and retrieve my gear and make the hour and half ride home. I know where I need to be for next time though so it was a good learning experience.

post-126-0-48476700-1425012905.jpg

• Agree 3

Very cool hunt, nothing like hearing them fire back at your calls!

Sucks you had to head home early.

Hopefully they didn't commit and spot you exiting.

Definitely mix up the calls and the calling location next time you go there, rest it for a bit too.

• Agree 1

Try a coyote pup distress. They will come running right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 2

Try a coyote pup distress. They will come running right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my next go to. Ill give it a few days and wait for the wind again and then hit it again. They aren't going anywhere. I saw close to a 100 turkeys in that field.      I cant wait...Im really hoping they stick around.... Gobble Gobble Bang!