IGNORED

Alec Baldwin incident

Buckeyes11

What I don’t understand is it was supposed to be a prop.  Not even a real gun remotely capable of firing a round.  Seems suspicious to me almost like someone switch it out and knew this would happen.  Just doesn’t make any sense to me.  Regardless of that for Baldwin is pot kettle meet black. lol 

Still under investigation but from what I’ve read, the movie is a low budget production wrought with several labor issues, prop gun protocols may not have been followed, the gun may have been a real 6-shooter and the armorer was relatively new.  Prayers to Cinematographer who was killed and Director who was injured. 

It's a tragedy.  Someone died and someone else got hurt.

Normally on a movie set there is someone known as the Armorer.  Their job is to ensure weapons safety on the set.  It's possible this person wasn't doing their job.

Movie sets also uses different kinds of rounds depending on the scene they are shooting.  Some rounds produce muzzle flash and other rounds loud sounds, etc.  There is a chance that the wrong round was loaded for the type of scene they were shooting.  And, they were rehearsing, which means there shouldn't have been a round in the gun.

Regardless, someone died and it was an accident.  It's a tragedy.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I doubt Alec does the loading.  He likely knows nothing about guns other than to hypocritically make money off movies using them while advocating against even lawful ownership of them in real life.

Only two possibilities here:  a mistake was made or someone maliciously set him up.  No idea how a live round makes it anywhere near blank rounds, even accidentally.