IGNORED

Savage 220 Reviews (New version with adjustable stock)

splitrockoutdoors

4 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

I have the old version.....maybe 7 yrs old. Love it! Light and tack driver

I generally agree, but I did have a problem with shell ejection. I sent it back to Savage and they fixed it no charge.

I must say the extractors are flimsy. 

The only other issue I have is a cosmetic one. The bolt lever is enormous!!! It's not a functional problem it just looks peculiar.

One feature on mine I like is the three position safety. In the safe position the bolt cannot be opened. This prevents that enormous bolt lever from getting caught on something and partially opening the action. There is a position between "safe" and "fire" that allows the bolt to open but it cannot fire. I have heard the newer ones don't have that feature.

After handling one of these in camo I would not even consider a Savage.  If I didn't just dress up my H&R with new wood and scope I would of walked out of the store with it, the $800.00 price tag was a little steep but I'm sure the savage with the adjustable stock is probably very close in price

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/interchangeable-platforms/encore-pro-hunter/encore-pro-hunter-shotgun-slug

3 hours ago, bucky said:

After handling one of these in camo I would not even consider a Savage.  If I didn't just dress up my H&R with new wood and scope I would of walked out of the store with it, the $800.00 price tag was a little steep but I'm sure the savage with the adjustable stock is probably very close in price

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/interchangeable-platforms/encore-pro-hunter/encore-pro-hunter-shotgun-slug

I didn't know these were being made. Nice.

I have both the H&R and Savage, both have the same make/model scope and both use the same ammo.....both are tack drivers, but the the advantage in my opinion goes to the savage

Handles and shoulders like a rifle

lighter in weight

flatter shooting over 120 yards 

better trigger

3 shot versus 1......but that doesn't matter

better balance 

and if any repairs need to be done, parts are easy to find, H&R got brought out by Remington so they went under, and parts if needed maybe hard to find

• 3 weeks later...