IGNORED

Big Woods Trips?

Mallard1100

Nothing like the big woods for deer hunting.   The numbers are alot lower then the suburbs deer, but for me it's the challenge,  adventure,   always thinking what's on or over that next ridge or mountain.   

Best of luck to all this year, be safe and as always make some great memories 

I just got back from 3 days Muzzy hunting in the ADK.  12 guys no deer seen. Covered tons of ground. Hoping it was the warm temps and the incoming full moon that had them shut down. Be back up for 10 days on the 13th of Nov. Possibly a short trip before then if any  snow shows up.

Wow, I know deer are scarce in Maine, but that’s 36 man days of hunting, that’s a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, LPJR said:

Great North Woods/Pittsburg NH in November. Couple of us from here headed up, can't wait...

Loved that write-up.  And the first few lines are deceiving:  NJ has 350,000 acres of public hunting land, but where we were in NH, one town has 150,000 acres of huntable land.  Mountains, swamps, lakes, logging roads, and weather that can change in an instant.  I love going up there every year.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Heading to the North Maine Woods, north of Baxter in November.

Was just up the golden road a few weeks ago grouse hunting. Not many birds this year but we saw deer cross the road in a few places...we have never seen deer cross the road, so you might be in for a better deer season this year.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.