IGNORED

Where to buy an air gun?

Swedish Hunter

looking to buy an airgun for squirrel hunting for my son. So far very unsuccessful...

First tried online, gamo's site. Everything went well until typing in address - no shipments allowed to NJ for legal reasons...

Went to Cabela's in Delaware couple of days ago to - same thing, would not allow me to buy one when they heard from NJ...

I am lost. Where on earth can I legally buy an air gun? My regular stores I used to go to (L&H Woods and Water and Dicks in Woodbridge) have closed/are not selling guns any more. They sure don't make it easy in New Jersey...

8 minutes ago, Swedish Hunter said:

Went to Cabela's in Delaware couple of days ago to - same thing, would not allow me to buy one when they heard from NJ...

Seriously??? How did they even know you were from NJ? In Delaware, they aren't considered firearms. When I bought my airgun several years ago there, I picked it up off the shelf, walked to the cashier, paid for it, walked out. No paperwork, no NICS, no nothing. It's a toy in every other state.

Really - the Cabelas in Delaware won't sell to NJ residents either? WTH is going on???

Well, if NJ wasn't such a problem then retailers would not mind.

I would not want to chance my business because NJ legislatures go after everyone.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

You need to be absurdly careful what airgun you bring into this state. By the typical ridiculous NJ gun laws… your airgun cannot have any kind of silencing system on the barrel. 

That includes a muzzle silencer as well as any kind of shrouded barrel. Check the rifle specs before buying! Imagine losing all of your guns and possible prison time for an airgun!!!

Only in jersey :banghead:

34 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Seriously??? How did they even know you were from NJ? In Delaware, they aren't considered firearms. When I bought my airgun several years ago there, I picked it up off the shelf, walked to the cashier, paid for it, walked out. No paperwork, no NICS, no nothing. It's a toy in every other state.

Really - the Cabelas in Delaware won't sell to NJ residents either? WTH is going on???

When I said I wanted to buy it he immediately asked where we live and upon hearing NJ said "that's a problem, we are not allowed to sell it to you". Not the clerk's fault, nor the store's.

28 minutes ago, patm said:

Go to Walmart in PA.  They still carry them based on my visit a couple of months ago.

will visit Cabela's in Hamburg in November. But by then the season is almost over and I strongly suspect they will also make sure I am not from NJ. To my understanding and air gun is considered a firearm here and therefore can only be sold after an NJ background check

54 minutes ago, Swedish Hunter said:

will visit Cabela's in Hamburg in November. But by then the season is almost over and I strongly suspect they will also make sure I am not from NJ. To my understanding and air gun is considered a firearm here and therefore can only be sold after an NJ background check

Correct

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

If you go out of state, and buy a long gun legally there (following the out-of-state laws), that means you have legally acquired the long gun. Right? You should be able to transport that legally acquired long gun to your residence in NJ. What NJ law requires you to go through a NJ NICS check to transport in a legally acquired long gun?

It is different for hand guns, yes, but for long guns, where does it say you need to go through NJ paperwork and background check to bring in guns you already own? Registration of long guns is optional in NJ - you don't have to report you own a long gun in NJ (say, if you lived out of state and you move here and bring your guns here - you can bring them in without declaring them to the Gestapo, right?)

Any WALMART  in PA. The Levittown Walmart has them on the shelves. One of these days we will get a NJ Gov that changes the rule on purchase of air guns in the state.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL