IGNORED

How Much???

Roon

Boy....that seems a bit cruel to create a monster like that.  He probably can barely keep his head up.  I also don't get why people would want to shoot one like that...it's not like anyone is going to think you shot it in the wild.  But...its a free country.....or it used to be

Did they also make it genetically impervious to CWD and EHD???

Guess it wouldn't matter anyway, not like someone isn't going to pay $25-35k to "track" it for few hours on private land  (most likely fenced-in) and get their atypical "trophy" buck.

I'm all for improving herd health/genetics with good food sources and management, but this is a bit overboard and that thing looks like it's struggling just to keep from face-planting with that rack.

Can't eat antlers.

If some rich dude wants to pay the price of admission to whack that in a pen, more power to him.  It's a free country and this is capitalism.  If people weren't willing to pay top dollar to pen hunt something like that, people wouldn't be setting up hunts like that.

I for one wouldn't do it even if it was given to me.  I prefer a fair game hunt and working for my kills; even if they are few and far between.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

4 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Can't eat antlers.

If some rich dude wants to pay the price of admission to whack that in a pen, more power to him.  It's a free country and this is capitalism.  If people weren't willing to pay top dollar to pen hunt something like that, people wouldn't be setting up hunts like that.

I for one wouldn't do it even if it was given to me.  I prefer a fair game hunt and working for my kills; even if they are few and far between.

The only correction you need to make on this statement is to remove the word “hunt” in your first paragraph. It is absolutely not a hunt in any way whatsoever. It ranks right up there with shooting cows on a dairy farm or stalking animals in a petting zoo.