IGNORED

Got my bow tuned up....getting the itch AND I am getting old!

nmc02

enjoy Nick

with back/neck issues few years ago I couldn't draw my bow  or if I could I struggled big time.....seeing a chiropractor for the last few months I'm feeling better but not near 100%, but decided to draw my bow back, I still struggled with pain.....no way I could hunt ethically with it

Cortisone shots are your friends sometimes. A couple of years ago after having my knee done again, the tendinitis hit me hard. I had 4 shots in both shoulders before NY gun season and then 4 more before NJ gun season. I knocked the shyzza out of my body through sports and woke up every day in pain. Now I wake up feeling the same but didn't play a game the night before. At the end of my career I got hurt getting into and out of an effin car
There is a standard for the shots as they are a temporary fix. There comes a time to include the Orthopedic surgeon into your circle of friends.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm 60 now - but went to the dark side (crossbow) the first year it was legal in New Jersey not from being too weak to drawl back a compound but for the Xbow's overall benefits. Fitness is a marathon not a sprint,  I am as strong now as I was in my 20's.

2021.thumb.jpg.007a3bcf26bb1ba884197fb75f883187.jpg

On 10/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, KBfishing said:

I need to start shooting my compound again. I have shoulder issues. I am left handed but always shot right handed. Thinking about getting a left handed bow and testing out the other shoulder. Been using the crossbow for the last 4 years but am losing interest.  

I tried the crossbow thing. Deadly accurate out to 50 yards, but I realized it wasn't for me at this time.  Going back to the compound.   

4 hours ago, tpr1921 said:

I'm 60 now - but went to the dark side (crossbow) the first year it was legal in New Jersey not from being too weak to drawl back a compound but for the Xbow's overall benefits. Fitness is a marathon not a sprint,  I am as strong now as I was in my 20's.

2021.thumb.jpg.007a3bcf26bb1ba884197fb75f883187.jpg

Not looking for a debate, just have not seen any benefits to a crossbow. I will use one when I can't pull back 35 lb on a vertical bow. Though, recently got a humble reminder of my age and need to stay in shape.