South jersey fall trout stocking

Coyoteslayer

Ok since they aren't announcing the date they are going to stock again this year, which i actually don't blame them as I've witnessed the trout truck arriving at iona lake once with like 10 trucks following behind it like groupies lol. I'm gonna guess South jersey stocking is tomorrow. Let me provide the logic behind my speculation. The workers must be exhausted from loading thousands of trout into almost every body of water in the northern part of of state. They need a light day dropping a milk crate full in each the 4 lakes in the south. Nobody wants to deal with the traffic back to the hatchery on Friday.  And Monday is probably for the lakes close to the hatchery.  So that leaves tomorrow or Tuesday lol. 

trout thrive better in the northern parts of the state. and will hold over much better into the winter and following spring season. you guys down south need better rivers with flow and rocks. 

minus the toms river section. i believe thats a TCA but i have never fished it. 

PM and we can get together for some fall troutin. its my favorite trout season. ill take you around. then we can have smoked ribs and have a fire on the river. 

guys who trout fish dont want to trout fish in a lake from a bank(maybe some). minus the guys who fish trophy trout lakes, for example, round valley which is extremely deep and hold larger trout then whats stocked each fall. those guys are drifting or trolling lures/baits.

but the basic lake in south jersey will not get the same attention as the pequest, musky, flatbrook, black river, or south branch does during stockings. 

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to South jersey fall trout stocking
4 minutes ago, Kype said:

guys who trout fish dont want to trout fish in a lake from a bank(maybe some). minus the guys who fish trophy trout lakes, for example, round valley which is extremely deep and hold larger trout then whats stocked each fall. those guys are drifting or trolling lures/baits.

but the basic lake in south jersey will not get the same attention as the pequest, musky, flatbrook, black river, or south branch does during stockings. 

Hey man I don't always bank fish the lake. Sometimes I go under the spillway too!!!!! Try to get the retarded ones that get washed over lol. 

3 hours ago, Kype said:

They can stock much more than they do in the Maurice and Cohansey river. 

Studies I saw indicate high predatory bird kill percentage I believe. Even up north. I get it they have a much higher chance of living in Northern waters all I'm saying is if Greenwich was your home lake you would also be saying wtf the Muskegong gets thousands and my lake gets 150 lol. And before anyone says write the state, I have 4 times.  Just venting.

1 hour ago, Coyoteslayer said:

I get it they have a much higher chance of living in Northern waters all I'm saying is if Greenwich was your home lake you would also be saying wtf the Muskegong gets thousands and my lake gets 150 lol. And before anyone says write the state, I have 4 times.  Just venting.

Trout fishing in South Jersey is a joke. I can't believe they even still stock Harrisonville lake, it's a complete scum covered mess by May 1st. Best bet is to skip the NJ trout stamp and just buy a Pa fishing license. There is plenty of good trout fishing across the bridge in SE Pa, and if you're up for a few camping trips each year, good trout fishing can be had all summer long in northern Pa, actually, great fishing. Totally worth it for the non-resident license, even if you only make a few trips a year. It's beautiful in Pa.

Totally agree and I'll be heading over to PA end of the month. I believe the brandywine gets stocked today or yesterday if I read correctly. Harrisonville lol. There are 2 bank spots on the road that's it!! Better in a boat but way too shallow.

And I didn't even mention the mullica hill screw Job. Took it off the list to repair dam. Never added another lake or put additional trout in the other lakes and never added it back to the list after dam was complete 3 years ago!! 

9 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

Totally agree and I'll be heading over to PA end of the month. I believe the brandywine gets stocked today or yesterday if I read correctly. Harrisonville lol. There are 2 bank spots on the road that's it!! Better in a boat but way too shallow.

And I didn't even mention the mullica hill screw Job. Took it off the list to repair dam. Never added another lake or put additional trout in the other lakes and never added it back to the list after dam was complete 3 years ago!! 

I’ve emailed before about that.  They basically said it is what it is.