10/13 ✔ in

Greybeard

Holy November!  Big high wide 7 I been passing is working a doe slowly and methodically like it’s  2 weeks from now.  Deep long grunts. When she moves he grunts and lunges. Not juvenile chasing this is ahead of schedule behavior. Spike is trying too but hanging back. He is just keeping her pinned down and guarding. Not really chasing. So cool!  I knew something was up when had 7 fawns come by they are separated already.  And then they were running around like maniacs like it’s some game. 

91F0CB35-8E2E-47D4-9119-68EDD1045E96.jpeg

4 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Cheap bastard didn't bring me back a Happy meal when he was at McD's.:banghead:

When you come to help drag my deer out I'll take you to McD's on me.

Had no signal where I was tonight.  New spot in another area.  4 scrapes under a beech just above a swamp but nothing was moving.  Only seen a tail crossing the road on the drive out.

10 hours ago, BHC said:

41 years hunting the same general location tells me deer movement is slow first few weeks of October especially buck movement,  slower now cause of acorns all over. But by October 18th or so like magic deer are moving alot more including bucks.  There is no need for me to walk the extremely long distance to sweat and waste my time, and jeopardize the bucks I know are around...timing is everything....

If you were spending more time in the woods you would know there is quite a bit of chasing going on right now already  .

deer are visibly eating on the oak flats all day .

there is no lack of movement .

colder weather will be here by the weekend . Prime time has already started .

another week and many bucks will leave their home core areas , possibly moving a few miles away from them to start breeding .…

2 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Holy November!  Big high wide 7 I been passing is working a doe slowly and methodically like it’s  2 weeks from now.  Deep long grunts. When she moves he grunts and lunges. Not juvenile chasing this is ahead of schedule behavior. Spike is trying too but hanging back. He is just keeping her pinned down and guarding. Not really chasing. So cool!  I knew something was up when had 7 fawns come by they are separated already.  And then they were running around like maniacs like it’s some game. 

91F0CB35-8E2E-47D4-9119-68EDD1045E96.jpeg

Bucks have been chasing the young does that are already coming into their first heat for almost 10 days .

been watching them cruise non stop already both here and PA .

betting rainy weather moving to cooler temps this weekend will be  very good 

37 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Bucks have been chasing the young does that are already coming into their first heat for almost 10 days .

been watching them cruise non stop already both here and PA .

betting rainy weather moving to cooler temps this weekend will be  very good 

Could not AGREE MORE!!!!  @BHC been sort of suggesting this but you seem missing out on what may have been your best chance at that stud u have. Hope I am wrong and u still close the deal but buck are very active overall as summer ends with many daylight opportunities. I learned this many years ago but you can’t limit yourself to one spot. You are retired - GET OUT THERE AND HUNT!!!!     I know this as fact as does Dan and many others. Still no guarantees but the rut is even less predictable for a “target” buck. Rut is great don’t get me wrong bet it’s already starting you could see grunting sparring or breeding any sit from here on in.  You can’t know that unless you are out there seeing it. GO HUNT 

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

When you come to help drag my deer out I'll take you to McD's on me.

Had no signal where I was tonight.  New spot in another area.  4 scrapes under a beech just above a swamp but nothing was moving.  Only seen a tail crossing the road on the drive out.

Not me I meant for the bear you had seen!