10/13 ✔ in

Greybeard

55 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Woke up too early then too late. Made it to a couple hundred yards of blind and stepped in a hole and tripped on branches.  Knocked out the flashlight.  Made it to 100yds of stand and tripped again in the dark.  Hope scope is still on. Healing my pride right now.

Good luck to anyone else out! 

With all the bad luck today is your day Bob!

Just had a bear walk over the trunk of the treetop I'm sitting in. 8yds. Tried to get pics but it didn't stop moving and camera kept focusing on other stuff between us. Might have one decent pic to put up later. He didn't notice me here at all. 

41 years hunting the same general location tells me deer movement is slow first few weeks of October especially buck movement,  slower now cause of acorns all over. But by October 18th or so like magic deer are moving alot more including bucks.  There is no need for me to walk the extremely long distance to sweat and waste my time, and jeopardize the bucks I know are around...timing is everything....

I like to hunt more than killing something.  It's about being in the woods and taking in everything else out here.

Didn't find thermacell where I  fell so maybe it came off by truck.

Moved up into the swamp blind and saw 3 doe walking the other side.  Staying here til lunch or the skeeters have me for lunch. Whichever comes first. Scrapes haven't been worked lately.  Son is on other side of swamp and nothing worked there either