IGNORED

Accutip misfires

gregtpal

6 hours ago, electric10162 said:

Not very comforting. Heading to Illinois for the first gun season with the 220 and Remington Barnes Expanders

It’s a deadly combo! Barnes are unfortunately not being made anymore I’m going to shoot up the rest of mine like I did with the accu tips and find somthing else again… 

40 minutes ago, Ravincrossbow said:

It’s a deadly combo! Barnes are unfortunately not being made anymore I’m going to shoot up the rest of mine like I did with the accu tips and find somthing else again… 

That sucks.  I was gonna switch to the barnes after I run out of Accutips.  I have 3 boxes of the barnes & 8 boxes Accutips so I'm good for a couple years... .maybe decades considering how hard ehd hit western monmouth, southern middlesex....

6 hours ago, Ravincrossbow said:

I am not sure this is accurate...Barnes was purchased for 30 million dollars by Sierra bullets. I would be surprised if they completely stopped making their products. 

https://www.claruscorp.com/press-releases/detail/201/sierra-bullets-closes-asset-acquisition-of-barnes-bullets

2 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I am not sure this is accurate...Barnes was purchased for 30 million dollars by Sierra bullets. I would be surprised if they completely stopped making their products. 

https://www.claruscorp.com/press-releases/detail/201/sierra-bullets-closes-asset-acquisition-of-barnes-bullets

That would suck if they scuttled the whole Barnes lineup.

20211012_164126.thumb.jpg.d365cbd0d7bcc94eb8c75ccd52aac642.jpg20211012_164007.thumb.jpg.cd4b2187c5e863c445382b7df935de6f.jpg20211012_163956.thumb.jpg.6a7e78fb9364f5eed468e3862f60ecfe.jpg

Had the same thing happen to me today at the range. I get a misfire on a recently purchased 3" AccuTip 20 Gauge in my savage 220, after several minutes I cycled the bolt and tried to fire it again with no luck. Tried 5 times to get the round to fire. Upon inspection it looks like a light hit from the firing pin. I compared the other rounds that did fire. Seems to me that the dimple is more shallow on the misfire. I believe the bottom of the round is concave causing the primer to sit further away from the face of the bolt. (misfire is on left or on top)

Edited by JimC1965