WHATS YOUR SMALL GAME SHOTGUN ?

JD48

Now I shoot a Winchester SX4 and  Mossberg 930 with an improved cylinder. Before that I carried a Stevens 311 SxS. I still love that gun. Paid 175 bucks for a workhorse back in 1980. Use it now as home defense. 

91CA87A0-FF64-42B3-8187-532E0114D96B.jpeg

Edited by Batsto

Most of the time I do my upland shooting with a 20 ga. citori O/U with 26" bbls.   I went to that a bunch of years ago from a 20 ga. Browning A-5 magnum with a 26" barrel choked IC that I shot since the seventies.

About once or twice a year, I will take out my Dad's old(1950's) A-5, put on the deer barrel that he chopped off to 20 inches and go kill some quail with it.  

Last year, I took out the28 ga. CZ O/U that I bought  for my grandson on his first birthday.  It was fun to shoot and light as a feather.  

RayG

Oh yeah, almost forgot.  My Dad gave my son a .410 double for his first birthday.  he took his first shots at stationary targets with that gun and when he grew into it, was fairly proficient with it.  He was, and is a far better wingshot than I am.   Either he or I have used that gun to kill the first bird for every dog we have gotten since that time. 

Gonna have to break it out again this year. Pups are about 15 months old and almost ready for prime time.